The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Proud British 2G owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptoranderson

Proven Member
Sep 24, 2015
Graham, North_Carolina
I am the proud British owner of a 1998 2G Eclipse, not the proud owner of a 1998 British 2G Eclipse. Anyways,

I'm a British-born (but with American parents) student at Michigan State University, a mechanical engineer by education and a motorsport engineer by trade and I have just purchased a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST from its second owner. The first owner had the car painted green with black accents, had bucket seats installed and a tint job done to the rear windows. The second owner stripped the engine, had it milled, ported and polished and had 0.2L bored out, a 20G turbocharger installed, a race-spec flywheel, stage 2 clutch, short shifter kit and GReddy BOV installed. And now the third owner (myself) is going to clean up both the interior and exterior of the car, have the engine remapped and tuned, install the necessary gauges, strip out the old side-mount intercooler and install a front-mount, install a boost controller, get a proper catback 3" turbo exhaust, buy bigger fuel injectors, buy wheels that DON'T look awful and do other minor modifications to get this Eclipse looking clean, tidy and as mean as can be. But I don't take myself too seriously :thumb: glad to be a part of DSMTuners forums!

And some pictures as proof >

Attachments

• 00q0q_563wjW2Q5qF_600x450.jpg
    00q0q_563wjW2Q5qF_600x450.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 00T0T_5wEFjLbWFyJ_600x450.jpg
    00T0T_5wEFjLbWFyJ_600x450.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 00W0W_dnKQCkfw3ss_600x450.jpg
    00W0W_dnKQCkfw3ss_600x450.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 61
It needs a tune because at the moment it's running lean due to the 20G turbo. Apparently it won't cost much to have the job done so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it'll be an easy job. The front right motor mount has also snapped so I need to fix that, and the first owner replaced the oil pan gasket using poly resin so it's leaking :mad: So there's a little bit to be done first before she's ready to be driven, but before the motor mount snapped I was able to take it out for a test drive and boy did that thing go LOL Considering it's running lean and probably only using a fraction of the boost it could potentially produced it's not a bad car at all.

And no sir, no racing. Just commuting to work and college. Though maybe I'll take it to a track day somewhere along the way ... ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back