The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Our Showdown at E-Town Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiggly

Supporting Vendor
Feb 17, 2003
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The event went great and we had a fantastic time. It was nice to meet up with a bunch of people I only knew online. The Saturday meet at Turbotrix was nice and everybody was extremely friendly. Boost Boys did a great job with the BBQ and they seemed pretty cool. There were a lot of people crammed together on a hot day, but everything worked out well.

The track facilities were really nice, but the track surface was not working very well. Sunday's first pass threw us for a bit of a loop. The car went hard right and didn't hook at all. After this we swapped back from the new tires on 12" rims to the old tires on 10" rims. Second pass I figured out the track was the problem and the groove was VERY narrow. The car is way down on power, but we still managed to get it down the track decently. My 330' times were about 0.3-0.4s off normal. By best 60' was only a 1.43, which is terrible for what I'm used to. I actually saw some tire shake at the top of 2nd gear, which I have never experienced at that high of speed before. I'm normally dead-hooked by the middle of 2nd and can go full boost, but it was just rolling 'em over badly.

Track conditions and weather aside, the car did pretty well. We qualified in the #1 spot with 9.148 at 154mph. Our best pass was 8.922 at 158.7mph to win the finals. I think that was the only pass I was able to keep it in the groove decently up to the 1/8th. I'm tearing things down soon to look for the missing 9-10mph since earlier this season. The most exciting run of the day was the semi-finals against Dogbox Racing. They ran a 9.006 to my 9.051, but I had enough on the tree to cross the stripe first.

Big thanks to CFT for letting us borrow some electricity for fans, they are just a great group of people. Thanks to Bob, Tony (Niemczyk), and Jess for pulling us up to the lanes on the last couple passes. The car just does not like to stay cool in this weather and it was about 210F starting the burnout on the last pass. We would have been in trouble without the tow up to the lanes, so thanks again guys! Thanks also to Kyle Deiwert for helping out in the pits wherever possible.

Thanks also to Magnus and Turbotrix for putting this whole thing together. I'm glad to hear it is going to be at a different time next year and hopefully won't be a scheduling conflict with any other races.

Thanks to the guys that have been helping me out:
FP and their killer cams - Forced Performance
Wiseco Pistons - Wiseco Pistons
Precision Industries Torque Converter - Precision Industries
Borg Warner/Airwerks 76mm S400SX3 76/83 turbo - Airwerks
Monkeywrench Racing - Monkeywrench Racing

Video:
http://kigglyracing.com/Media/Kiggly_Racing_E-Town_2009.wmv

Kevin

The event went great and we had a fantastic time. It was nice to meet up with a bunch of people I only knew online. The Saturday meet at Turbotrix was nice and everybody was extremely friendly. Boost Boys did a great job with the BBQ and they seemed pretty cool. There were a lot of people crammed together on a hot day, but everything worked out well.

The track facilities were really nice, but the track surface was not working very well. Sunday's first pass threw us for a bit of a loop. The car went hard right and didn't hook at all. After this we swapped back from the new tires on 12" rims to the old tires on 10" rims. Second pass I figured out the track was the problem and the groove was VERY narrow. The car is way down on power, but we still managed to get it down the track decently. My 330' times were about 0.3-0.4s off normal. By best 60' was only a 1.43, which is terrible for what I'm used to. I actually saw some tire shake at the top of 2nd gear, which I have never experienced at that high of speed before. I'm normally dead-hooked by the middle of 2nd and can go full boost, but it was just rolling 'em over badly.

Track conditions and weather aside, the car did pretty well. We qualified in the #1 spot with 9.148 at 154mph. Our best pass was 8.922 at 158.7mph to win the finals. I think that was the only pass I was able to keep it in the groove decently up to the 1/8th. I'm tearing things down soon to look for the missing 9-10mph since earlier this season. The most exciting run of the day was the semi-finals against Dogbox Racing. They ran a 9.006 to my 9.051, but I had enough on the tree to cross the stripe first.

Big thanks to CFT for letting us borrow some electricity for fans, they are just a great group of people. Thanks to Bob, Tony (Niemczyk), and Jess for pulling us up to the lanes on the last couple passes. The car just does not like to stay cool in this weather and it was about 210F starting the burnout on the last pass. We would have been in trouble without the tow up to the lanes, so thanks again guys! Thanks also to Kyle Deiwert for helping out in the pits wherever possible.

Thanks also to Magnus and Turbotrix for putting this whole thing together. I'm glad to hear it is going to be at a different time next year and hopefully won't be a scheduling conflict with any other races.

Thanks to the guys that have been helping me out:
FP and their killer cams - Forced Performance
Wiseco Pistons - Wiseco Pistons
Precision Industries Torque Converter - Precision Industries
Borg Warner/Airwerks 76mm S400SX3 76/83 turbo - Airwerks
Monkeywrench Racing - Monkeywrench Racing

Video:
http://kigglyracing.com/Media/Kiggly_Racing_E-Town_2009.wmv

Kevin

Best news I have heard in a while :hellyeah:

Kevin the win could not of gone to a nicer guy, thanks for all your help and it was truly an honor getting to meet you. As you said the track conditions weren't the best and I was a huge let down breaking on the first elimination. The trip was still very much so worth it

Congrats kiggly, as Jeff said it could have gone to a nicer guy.

Congratulations on the win! Your car is so deadly, and I love reading your writeups after events:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back