The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

oil pickup tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle97turbo

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
This might be a stupid question but how does the oil pickup tube install on a 4g63?? If someone had a picture that would be nice. I could only get it on one way that would still allow the oil pan to fit but in my haynes it shows it installed the other way around.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is bringing up a dead thread, but it was perfect for what I needed to ask....Two questions on the pic above. Is that oil splash shield necessary? Does the pickup tube need rtv on the gasket? thanks

I know this is bringing up a dead thread, but it was perfect for what I needed to ask....Two questions on the pic above. Is that oil splash shield necessary?
It's called a windage tray. There are benefits to running one, but it's not mandatory. 6-bolt engines don't use them from the factory like 7-bolt engine do.

Does the pickup tube need rtv on the gasket? thanks
I never did on mine. I did use coper spray on both sides of the gasket though. It's all personal preference.

O ok, I bought a new one from dsmgraveyard, they have it labeled as oil splash shield, because I thought i needed it, but the holes don't line up with it on my main girdle. it said on there site it was for 92-99. I already have the pain on and sealed up, so I'm glad i dont need to drop it again.I didn't use any sealant on the gasket just tightned it down...

Early '95 models show M6 x 1.00 mm x 12 mm long for the windage tray bolts.
Most 2Gs will likely have M8 x 1.25 mm x 16 mm long.

These are for the blue circles in the next post.

Yes, The 7 bolt 4g63 uses 6mm bolts to hold the windage tray, Looks like the EVO uses a 8mm

I looked at 4 DSM 7 bolts, all are 6mm

Baffle plate bolt: 7 ft/lb

That's what i pulled up in my 2g torque spec sheet

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back