The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Oil leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfrakes

Proven Member
Jun 6, 2021
Idaho
I got a oil leak thats above the oil filter and crank sensor and it's below the valve cover gasket and I know it's not the head gasket and idea what could be leaking out the oil? Thanks

There is nothing between the crank sensor and valve cover gasket that would leak oil unless you have a cracked head or block. I would take a closer look at where it's actually coming from. There were times I felt confident the valve cover gasket wasn't leaking due to being new, but the factory bolts are trash and bottom out too early to achieve full torque so I had to swap over to full thread bolts. So you should start by checking there. Also making a 2nd thread for the same topic isn't always a solution. Just clutters the forums really.

There is nothing between the crank sensor and valve cover gasket that would leak oil unless you have a cracked head or block. I would take a closer look at where it's actually coming from. There were times I felt confident the valve cover gasket wasn't leaking due to being new, but the factory bolts are trash and bottom out too early to achieve full torque so I had to swap over to full thread bolts. So you should start by checking there. Also making a 2nd thread for the same topic isn't always a solution. Just clutters the forums really.
That's cause I originally had a leak coming from the crank sensor from my first post but still had a second leak after that. Took a mini camera through the back and turns out this motor has a cracked block so yeah 👍

Hopefully it's something you can JB weld. Must not have had the proper coolant mixture at one time.

Best was to jb weld a block is to cut a v-channel into the outside of the block along the crack. Then hand sand with 40 grit around the crack and clean the hell outta the area around it. Then apply the jb weld. It likes to run so you may have to tape cardboard against the weld to keep it from running too much

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back