The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Nova

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jstue

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2004
Fairfax, Virginia
Where are all the dsm cats at in NOVA area? I havent seen another 1g/2g in almost a year. Am i the only one? bah. 8 years ago the scene used to be poppin.

I drive my 1g every now and then, here in Sterling! I think I've seen one other clean DSM around the Leesburg around (black with HID's). You drive yours daily?

Yeah the scene around here kinda died about 5 years ago pretty hard. Not sure what happened, but it died sudden and hard. The evo scene is pretty poppin but it's 99% high school and college "bros" from what I've seen. I still have my 2 1Gs, I drive them all the time. We got several DSM guys around my area that hang out regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only use mine to commute when its going to snow. Makes me angry sitting in Beltway traffic with all that HP and not being able to use it. Driving it out to West Virginia this weekend for rallyX.

I drive alot around NOVA, PG county, and northern MD and see random DSM sightings. Mostly its N/A's with wings.... I think you have to look at who lives here and what there prioritys are. When I do see a GS-T, GSX I always wonder if there a member on here. LOL

<---that blue one gets MAYBE 100 miles a week. I only get to drive it when I'm off work, if I feel like going anywhere. LOL. I hate to let it sit, but I do have a company truck, so I can save a few bucks for my DSM addiction.

There is a red 1ga (Eclipse with FMIC) in the Sterling area, I haven't been able to track down the owner yet. I see alot of 2g's around, but many are owned by someone who has delusions of "NAWS." There are a few clean ones, but not many. There is a white 1gb I saw in Leesburg at Sheetz bout 9 months ago, N/A tho. Guy didn't even recognize mine. Tho, I don't think he was a DSM'r. The car was pretty trashed. He probably doesn't see his car the way we see ours. You know what I mean.

There is another besides mine registered for the rallyX this weekend at Summit Point (over mountain from Leesburg). I plan to run Saturday but maybe will stick around for Sunday. Come on out and hang, meet, or get a rally ride.

Another reason I don't drive mine much, although functional; its butt ugly.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you squint your eyes enough, looks like the Predator w/ his mask off 'one ugly MFer' ugly.

And Fairfax cops must love my autograph.

I have a 2g sitting in my driveway. Been there over 2 years now and not driven much. There is a red 2g in Woodbridge with vteh LOL on the tag

Yeah, I pretty much agree with every post here. The DSM scene fell on its face around here. Not many around to talk about. I haven't seen another 1g/2g with a front mount in almost a year. The only one's I've seen are either stock or NA and riced out. I think I might try the Chick Fil A meet this friday. Its my last attempt to find any heartbeat left in the 1g/2g dsm scene in NoVa. People are starting to ask "what kind of car is that?". makes me feel old.. But she still lay's the wood to any of these new hot rods coming out. We need to start a revolution. whose with me! *crickets*

If you squint your eyes enough, looks like the Predator w/ his mask off 'one ugly MFer' ugly.

And Fairfax cops must love my autograph.

that shit looks fresh! and functional. looks like it could do some work!

I drive my 1g every now and then, here in Sterling! I think I've seen one other clean DSM around the Leesburg around (black with HID's). You drive yours daily?

No I dont. It sits in garage unless I'm going on a spirited drive. Or to the track or a meet. I think my OD just crossed over 60,000 miles. 97 what!? LOL.

If I can get tires mounted by Friday I might cruise down. My right rear is going flat ATM. I'll be at Mason Dixon on the 22nd of October. One last race for the season.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Update: The right rear tire had a cut in each sidewall, and a screw in the center of the tread. When I pulled it off the wheel, the tire was full of rubber. The tire was breaking down. I replaced the rear tires, the car can at least be driven now. I'm going to hit up my buddy at work, possibly raid his used tires, see if I can score a decent set of 17'' tires.

Last edited:
Yeah, I pretty much agree with every post here. The DSM scene fell on its face around here. Not many around to talk about. I haven't seen another 1g/2g with a front mount in almost a year. The only one's I've seen are either stock or NA and riced out. I think I might try the Chick Fil A meet this friday. Its my last attempt to find any heartbeat left in the 1g/2g dsm scene in NoVa. People are starting to ask "what kind of car is that?". makes me feel old.. But she still lay's the wood to any of these new hot rods coming out. We need to start a revolution. whose with me! *crickets*

that shit looks fresh! and functional. looks like it could do some work!

No I dont. It sits in garage unless I'm going on a spirited drive. Or to the track or a meet. I think my OD just crossed over 60,000 miles. 97 what!? LOL.

Hey If my car was runnin i would be there. My car been sittin at Atlantic Motorsorts for over a year now. i need a 2g AWD manual trans. Once i get that i'm there on Friday nights. if you know anyone letting one go let me know.

Vic

Hey If my car was runnin i would be there. My car been sittin at Atlantic Motorsorts for over a year now. i need a 2g AWD manual trans. Once i get that i'm there on Friday nights. if you know anyone letting one go let me know.

Vic

I'll keep my ears open and look around.

On another note I saw a white TSi at Dulles airport. Looked stock for the most part. Think he works down at the old Independence Air hanger. Looked stock for the most part. Didn't check for AWD.

I'll keep my ears open and look around.

On another note I saw a white TSi at Dulles airport. Looked stock for the most part. Think he works down at the old Independence Air hanger. Looked stock for the most part. Didn't check for AWD.

i apreciate it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back