The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

No luck at all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisTheBuilder

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2012
Wichita Falls, Texas
Went to the local hangout last night, don't know how when or who but someone had to have stabbed a hole in my trimming belt. I'm just glad I caught it. But there's a nice little knife hole in the center of my TB.

My hood wasn't open but my car was unlocked and my windows were down. I really wouldn't never think someone would have the guts to open my hood and do that. But there are some crazies out there.

Then today I started to do a compression test on my 1g that I just bought. One of the spark plugs were cross threaded and is now stripped and won't come out. I would have just left the one in and drove it like that till I got another timing belt for my 2g but I ended up breaking the tile of the spark plug off. Dang the bad luck!!!

There are some real assholes out there. I really sorry to hear that.

I guess on a slightly positive note the 2 problems could be solved together. To fix the stripped spark plug, you have to remove your head so you don't get shavings in you engine. You would have to do the timing anyway.

If it makes you feel better I just head some machine work done to my head and when I went to start it, my starter was grinding horribly. Replaced the starter and it didn't help. I've been through a huge list of possibilities and no luck. :banghead:

Dang dude that sucks. I once had something like that happen when I was younger. I was into all the autozone lights at 16 haha. Some diesel guys went in my car and ripped the wires out. broke about $80 worth of stuff.

I guess on a slightly positive note the 2 problems could be solved together. To fix the stripped spark plug, you have to remove your head so you don't get shavings in you engine. You would have to do the timing anyway.

If it makes you feel better I just head some machine work done to my head and when I went to start it, my starter was grinding horribly. Replaced the starter and it didn't help. I've been through a huge list of possibilities and no luck. :banghead:

I think the OP has two different cars... :(

Yeah, they are two different cars. I just got my 1g so I was checking over it. Regular maintainence stuff. Otherwise I would know the TB on the 1g was good and rob it. Hahaha!

Dang dude that sucks. I once had something like that happen when I was younger. I was into all the autozone lights at 16 haha. Some diesel guys went in my car and ripped the wires out. broke about $80 worth of stuff.

We have those idiotic rednecks around here too. They always think their diesel is fast and try to roll coal at me. I shut them down real quick. And all just because they they are ignorant and don't like "rice burners".

I used to do diesel performance, so I can respect the power potential a 10000 pound truck can make and how fast they can be. But some people are just fan boys.

Yeah I have been having oil pressure problems at idle in my 2g. I've done everything but pull the pan. So i deel you on that one. I just replaced the whole top half of my motor. I have a gates TB with about 6000 miles on it and I inspected before I put it on two nights before. So I know the hole wasn't there.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, man. Some people are jacka$$es, and in need of a beating.

You sound like me though, if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. An example of that would be when I got my 1g the alternator had just been replaced. Well about a year later my fuel pump took a deuce on me. So after replacing the tank, sending unit, fuel pump, and line going from the tank to the filter. I finally get to start her back up and take her for a drive. I get to Starbucks, getting me some good coffee. I go back out and my car wouldn't even crank over. Damn alternator! Thanks to a fellow dsmer i met in the parking lot. I did manage to get back home. Knock on wood. She's back up and running alright now. She still needs some TLC, but she gets me from point a to point b and back.

If you had your timing belt cover on like youre supposed to, you wouldnt have a problem with your 2g.

The holes for the cam gear cover were cracked so I didn't put it on till I fix it or got a new one. Someone shouldn't have jacked with my car an it wouldn't happen. Whether it be jealousy, hate, or whatever.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, man. Some people are jacka$$es, and in need of a beating.

You sound like me though, if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. An example of that would be when I got my 1g the alternator had just been replaced. Well about a year later my fuel pump took a deuce on me. So after replacing the tank, sending unit, fuel pump, and line going from the tank to the filter. I finally get to start her back up and take her for a drive. I get to Starbucks, getting me some good coffee. I go back out and my car wouldn't even crank over. Damn alternator! Thanks to a fellow dsmer i met in the parking lot. I did manage to get back home. Knock on wood. She's back up and running alright now. She still needs some TLC, but she gets me from point a to point b and back.

I love my fellow car owners/ now my friends. We always just give each other the parts we need. We all know well need seething back from one another sometime or another. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back