The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

New to the DSM World

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlickDSM

Probationary Member
Mar 5, 2012
Pendleton, Oregon
Hello all, my name is Mike, and I've just recently purchased a 91 Eclipse GSX. I've never really been a car nut, dont get me wrong I still love cars, I just don't know anything about them, and that's why I've come here, because I would like to learn more about my car from more experienced DSM owners, and be able to discuss the things that I can do to my car.

As of now I'm not too sure how to explain my car to you guys, because I bought it from a previous owner, and I don't know what he has done to it so far (engine wise). The exterior of the car is good, few cosmetic imperfections but nothing that can't be fixed later on. I'm hoping that this car will be with me for a long time, and if you guys are able to teach me more about it, and what it is I need to do to take care of it then that would be much appreciated.

Can't wait to learn more about this awesome car!

P.S. - If this was supposed to be in the Welcome Forum, my bad, beginners mistake, if a mod could move it that would be nice.

Here's some pics for now, they arnt the best because my phone isnt the best..
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And for anyone wondering, it is an automatic.

I picked up this car on craigslist for about $2,000 because I had been wanting a nice 2 door car that had both speed and economy. Like I said before I'm not a car nut, and I'm not made of money, so I'm not looking to throw a bunch of expensive performance parts into it, atleast not yet.. Just aiming to make it look good and sound good. Gotta start somewhere right?

Last edited:
No pictures at the moment, sorry, don't have a good enough camera, plus the car could use a wash, hasn't had one since it was bought due to a small chip in the windshield which spreads to a larger crack, but it doesnt seem to leak through or anything.

But, anyways, I will try to post some pics as soon as possible..

Edit: Since everyone wanted to see pics I went outside real quick and snapped some shots of the car with my phone, sorry if it looks bad. (should be posted soon.)

welcome to the forum. Everyone here is great and more than willing to help as long as you do your part and research first. The mods are great in that they keep the site clean and smooth. Good luck with your rig, i give ya three months and you'll be a pro helping other new people on the forum.

p.s. read the sticky's n rules :p

Welcome! Spend some time looking around here researching till your eyes hurt and decide what route your wanting to go with the car and a few months later we'll watch you go from stock DD to "I need more!" :D

Warning! The DSM bug will bite and the venom will go straight to your brain down to your right foot. Enjoy!

+2 on pics

The pictures are uploaded now, they turned out super small though.. And I also added a little more info.

Search until your eyes bleed and your head weighs triple its normal weight hahaha

those

The pictures are uploaded now, they turned out super small though.. And I also added a little more info.

your on photobucket..as you move the curser over the picture...4 options pop up....click the bottom option **copy URL** then just paste here

Welcome! Spend some time looking around here researching till your eyes hurt and decide what route your wanting to go with the car and a few months later we'll watch you go from stock DD to "I need more!" :D

Warning! The DSM bug will bite and the venom will go straight to your brain down to your right foot. Enjoy!

+2 on pics

So true! I knew absolutely NOTHING about DSM's when I bought mine. I came from Honda world. The bug definitely bit me and 5 yrs later I've dumped thousands of dollars into my car and it is on jack stands more than all fours. ROFL Welcome to the site.

There's one thing you should know before anything else about our cars. Maintenance, a lot of it. You'll get a good sense of the metal your car is made out of by doing basic maintenance stuff, ie:timing belt change, oil change, oil filter change, coolant change, air intake recharge, etc etc. Its pretty fun. :)

Like ssjkouru Said, MAINTENANCE.
Any time you buy a DSM, you have to do the maintenance, or it will bite you in the arse.
Timing Belt, Water Pump, the whole shebang.

Be good to this car, and it will be good to you.

I even talked to my car, but then again, maybe Im just not all there upstairs.

Welcome to the site!

Nice looking 1g man, if you take care of her she will reward you and take care of you. Seems like the biggest things with these cars are maknig sure to stay up on the maintenance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back