The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help filling out my pillar pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Symbiote

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2009
Memphis, Tennessee
Well I'm finally planning to get my gauges and pillar pod installed. I have a 3 pillar pod and 2 gauges Boost (analog) and EGT (Digital), both AEM and I just need one more to complete the install.

What would be the most efficient use of that extra pod space? I had planned on putting in an Oil Pressure one as I read that was a good compliment for the boost gauge. But also read that there would be a live line of Hot engine oil coming into the cab and some tracks don't allow that and I'm not too crazy about that either. Is that the only way the gauge can be installed? If so is there a better gauge alternative for my third choice?

Thanks in advance!

intake mannifold pressure (boost) and exhaust mannifold pressure (back pressure) gauges mounted side by side in a 2gauge A-piller pod

Fuel pressure and oil pressure mounted side by side in a 2gauge center heater vent delete pod

Water temp and exhaust gas temp mounted side by side in a steering colum insert pod

All matching autometers, have nitrous pressure gauge soon to be hooked up as well... Still trying to figur out a good home for nitrous gauge...

intake mannifold pressure (boost) and exhaust mannifold pressure (back pressure) gauges mounted side by side in a 2gauge A-piller pod

Fuel pressure and oil pressure mounted side by side in a 2gauge center heater vent delete pod

Water temp and exhaust gas temp mounted side by side in a steering colum insert pod

All matching autometers, have nitrous pressure gauge soon to be hooked up as well... Still trying to figur out a good home for nitrous gauge...

Absolutely ridicules man LOL. There is no possible way that anyone can monitor that many gauges. IMHO it's completely useless and logging with link will net you more actual useful information and not make your car look like a cockpit.

The biggest reason I have a boost gauge other than watching the needle climb, is that in any case that my wastgate failed and my engine over boosted I would know right away before I blew up my block.

Even if your car is bone stock you'll want a legit boost gauge. The stock gauge on the dash doesn't really tell you anything helpful. If you plan on doing any tuning spend the cash and get a wideband, your cheating yourself otherwise.

I never ever look at my boost gauge, that is ECMlinks job. I'd like to see the crazy mf'er that is watching the boost gauge as she climbs to 25, 29, 31, then on to 35psi. The only time boost matters is WOT which is the very worst time to take your eyes off the road. If your car is tuned and your WG fails you'll get a CEL that will tell you to let off the throttle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back