The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Master cylinder replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcracecar

Proven Member
Oct 29, 2012
Wichita, Kansas
So....

I am currently in the middle of replacing the master cylinder on my 93 gsx. I have everything unbolted except for the hard line into the cylinder. What is the best way to unscrew that? I was planning on pulling out the master first then spinning it counter clockwise, but I don't think it will clear with that line still being connected. I would like to get this finished so I can drive this thing! :thumb: Anybody else run into this issue? Am I overlooking something very easy? Any help I could get would be appreciated. I searched around the forum to see if I could find anything and I couldn't... Maybe I missed the thread and can be pointed in the right direction?

Thanks!

when i replaced mine i just disconnected the brake lines after that the 2 bolts on the engine bay side. Then u have to disconnect it from the brake pedal i think there is a cotter pin that holds it in place its been a while

If its like the 2g, just use a flare wrench to disconnect it before unbolting the master cylinder.

I ended up figuring it out. I was just tired, it was dark and I overlooked it. I ran into a bigger issue though... One of the damn studs on the master cylinder snapped. How can I fix this? There is only two studs, so without both tightened down the master won't sit flush and function properly :(

Crossing my fingers on not having anymore of these pesky issues!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back