The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Installing a BSEK and oil pump valve cover wont come off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadnkid

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2011
luke afb, Arizona
Im installing an BSEK and the oil valve cover will not come off. The motor is still in car, I'm leaving the front in and removing the rear. I left the water pump and oil pan installed as i figure they're not in the way of pulling the cover off. Now, the cover does move about an 1/2 inch but no more, like the shafts are getting caught on something. I also pull the cover as far as I can and try to turn the rear shaft but it's it doesnt move as easy with no pressure so that tell me that the shaft is the reason why its not coming out... I'm guessing. Do I have to pull the oil pan or water pump or do I need to just pull the hell out of it?? Thanks for any help

Dang... I was hoping I didnt have to remove the oil pan since I wasnt removing the bearings. Thanks for the help

the oil is off and oil pump cover is off. now the screw is stuck and the phillips head is starting to round out

Its the screw on the oil pump. Why they added a screw is beyond me. Used a impact wrench to remove and all is good. Since engine is still in car, I left fwd shaft in and removed rear. Now I'm working on the timing belt and that's a whole different beast.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back