The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Has anybody installed a excedy performace clutch (not a install ?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm95gsxer

Probationary Member
Jun 28, 2004
Mankato, Minnesota
I'm going to be in the market for a new clutch and I know that ACT is big in dsm tuning So I was wondering if any one has purchased a excedy performance clutch and is running it right now stage 1 or better stage 3 max. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have the organic "stage one". To me, my 2100 felt more grabby and had more pedal pressure, probably because this clutch is rated at 1900. It was a free new clutch so I put it in. Haven't really dragged on it yet, so cant give you the impression, but its a nice street clutch.

Anyone else care to share experience?

Friend had the Stage I Exedy clutch on his intake/turbo back exhaust 97 GS-T. Lasted him a good while and held fine. I think they are good clutches....

I had an Exedy Stage 1 installed a few months ago and I think it's a great clutch for the money. I've done a few 5K AWD launches and it still grabs like new. :talon:

I'm about to get a 93 AWD Eclipse and the clutch is shot, I had an ACT before and liked it but I've also had good luck with the SPEC. I can get an Exedy Stage 1 locally and not have to mail order it for a pretty reasonable price, wondering if I should go for it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back