The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Fuel cut?? What I need to to get my car at 18psi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOOB1GDUDE

Proven Member
Oct 3, 2016
MT Gilead, North_Carolina
Hi every one. I'm a noob and would like to get some info on how to get my car not to hit fuel cut. Mods are in my profile. As of rite now my car idles good 14.7 to 15.3 and the mid is rite around 11.3 to 11.9 on the wideband. My car feels really strong at mid But when I go into wot around 5k and up it leans out to 15.7 and bam fuel cut. Been tunning my car with Maf-t. Maf-t is set to aux 0 base2 idle3 mid0 wot0. This is all at 15 psi to 18psi as I do have some boost creep also.I'm broke as of now. So cheap fix only please. Thanks

Last edited:
Well can't see my mods so here they go. 3" down pipe to 2.5" strait pipe no cat. Uicp 2.5" to 3" gm maf. Maf translator venting to the air with crush 1g bov. Mbc. Boost gauge and mtx-l wideband.old hks intake box thing. Took out the maf in it.Everything else is stock. I mean every thing. There you go anything would help open to all responds. the wideband is also stand alone set up.

Last edited:
Aww come on man. I really don't beat on the car like that. It's my DD just want it to be alittle more fun you know. You think if I rewire the fuel pump it will go away?

Trust me been there.... and no the rewire won't fix your issue. The maft is also a pain to tune on its own with out another device. My first dsm was about 8 years ago.. I did every hack possible... boost is addictive... i lived with fuel cut haha... sometimes it would hit sometimes not.

Keep the boost at 14-15 till you can get fuel mods to support more and a way to tune. If not your just asking for trouble and if you want this car to keep being your dd then stop hurting it. You go lean to much and to long your going to end up melting or blowing stuff up. ;)

Haha blowing stuff up is fun! Haha. Yeah it took 3 engines for me to learn my lesson and start modding in the proper sequence, and not installing parts I wasn't yet ready for. It's always best to be patient even though..... MORE boost is on your mind.

So... Dammm it! having to go back to stock sucks. Ok so let say I ditch the maft and go dsm link with sd. Work on my fuel like pump,fpr,injectors and dyno it. would this solve it. The fuel cut thing. All I want is 18psi the car loud with bov vented and to smoke the avrage Honda build. As I also came from the Honda seen with too much money in to it and still being smoked by a dsm. My last Honda (2000 si)I bought expensive parts but got me no where. S300 Ecu,skunk 2 mani and throttle body, mugen headers all the way back to the twin loop muffler (the real stuff)from king motor sports in WI., fpr,wablo 255 pump,stage 2 clutch, hasport motor mounts. Dyno and got don't laugh but 170@ the wheels. All internals was stock due to emissions but in all spent close to 6500$ alone on parts. So I ditch the hondas. Over all I love cars still so I bought my 1g (no emissions) Figerd it will be a cheaper build to get more power from it. Sorry for the long story but if this car cost me more than half of the 6500$ to get 270 to the wheel it may be time for me to just buy a newer car as they do now come with 300hp stock well most cars.(EVO) Thanks for reading.;(

And I tried the lowering boost thing it still hits fuel cut at 12psi and it will creep to 15psi bam fuel cut. The best I have tuned it was it got a little fuel cut I think like a pop sound but would keep going. It's like a back fire no brick wall stuff.

So the Maf-t can't tune the fuel with 255 fpr and injectors? And yo how did u only spend 2k and get 380hp? See this kind of stuff is what got me in to dsm but it seems to good to be true.

And bro is 15.7 at 5k rpm or so to lean because if I set it up that way it drives fine no cut nothing this is all at stock settings on the Maf-t . And the weird thing is that when it was all bone stock the car ran on 20psi no fuel cut but it was only driven like that onces and I turned it back down. Dsm are crazy.

Found a good evo3 16g with I pipe from here for sale. 350$ shipped.
Bought v3 lite. 500$
2g maf 50$ shipped bought it here had couplings.
Xtd 2600lb pressure plate and 6 puck unsprung clutch 180$ new on ebay... they hold trust me.
Used 1200cc injectors from here *classifieds* 150$ shipped.
Walbro 450. Extreme psi 110$ shipped
Fuel pressure regulator new 160$
Ebay intercooler 200$
I had an intake pipe laying around.
I also had a throttle body elbow.
I crushed the 1g bov.
I had exhaust already in the car.
Only from o2 through center of car. Haha. Small the fuel burn
This was on e85. Lived for a long time I never launched crazy due to stock center diff.

If you buy from a trusted member who has been around or has a good rating don't even stress it. i buy atleast 2 things every 3 weeks haven't had any issues. The evo3 16g can be found for cheap used. All the prices I stated are reasonably easy to come by if you just search around. Including craigslist in your area.
First thing I bought here was for 900$ I was so nervous I would get scammed. But the guy had a great rating and was an active member here helping people out and all so I felt better about it haha.
Ecm link will be the most expensive.
EBay clutch xtd 2600 goes for 180$ and has for sometime now.

Ok but let's see before when I turn up the fuel on to Maf-t the fuel would be like 11.3 in to mid it would be like 10.0 than 9.0 and boom fuel cut but this would all happen around mid rpm range so I turned the fuel down in the mid got it to 11.3 to 12.0 tested it again idle good mid good wot drops to 15.7 boom fuel cut.??? I'm lost what happen. Turn wot up on Maf-t as soon as I hit 5k boom lean cut. Man it sucks so much power and than that happens. So I stop tunning it cause I didn't have the balls to hit the cut any more.

And I tried the lowering boost thing it still hits fuel cut at 12psi and it will creep to 15psi bam fuel cut. The best I have tuned it was it got a little fuel cut I think like a pop sound but would keep going. It's like a back fire no brick wall stuff.
If it isnt a brick wall it isnt fuel cut. 15psi is very low for fuel cut on a 14b. Check for leaks.
How do you get 380 for 2k? You dont.

Do a boost leak test. Just search for directions on here. Welcome to forced induction.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back