The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Front bumper cover question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1LE

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 1, 2002
Sylvania, Ohio
Specifically the splitter inside the front bumper cover radiator opening. The short vertical sections on my white car appear to have black covers on them (or at least 3 of 4 do... I noticed all of a sudden because 1 is now missing, a probable victim of Winter driving). It looks funny with just 1 missing, so I'd like to remove the other 3, but am not sure how. I've been trying to pry them off, but with no success. What's the recommended procedure?

Pics would help. But if you are talking about what I think you are talking about, you have to remove the entire bumper cover, remobe the small black plastic screw/clips, and it should come off. If you have a FMIC you will need to remove that as well.

Pics would help. But if you are talking about what I think you are talking about, you have to remove the entire bumper cover, remobe the small black plastic screw/clips, and it should come off. If you have a FMIC you will need to remove that as well.

I don't think he's talking about the radiator ducting. Something about the smiley-face grill in the bumper cover itself... I've never owned a 95-96 Eclipse though so I can't be sure.

Maybe he is talking about those black plastic pieces that go in the place of the foglights? I don't know if they are a foglight cover or just a plastic piece for cars without foglights. But it that is what the OP is talking about they should each have 2 phillips bolts holding them on, and they should come right out.

I don't think he's talking about the radiator ducting. Something about the smiley-face grill in the bumper cover itself... I've never owned a 95-96 Eclipse though so I can't be sure.

Yep, you're on track. :) I finally figured out how to remove them. I did it after a long drive, when the car was still hot. Gave it a few minutes to let heat from the radiator soak them and then they were more flexible and I was able to pry them loose.

Anyways, they're like little rock guard covers for the vertical splitters in the bumper cover grille.

I took some pics, but it won't let me embed them, I have to host them somewhere first and then link it? What a pain, let's see if FB links work.

Next to where it came from on the car:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The 3 remaining ones, loose:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back