The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

FIC 1100 High-Z Global Fuel and Deadtime

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeaselHack

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Spokane, Washington
As the title states, looking for recommendations from others who are running FIC High-Z 1100cc injectors. More specifically what Global Fuel and Deadtime are you running. Seems like documentation on High-Z with ECMLink is rather lacking. I can get the car to idle cleanly with -63% and 700u deadtime but these numbers seem a little extreme and almost cancel each other out!?!?! Any input is welcome.

I think you are way off on dead time. the dead times in link are adding dead time to factory dead time curve for the stock 450 injector. the new bosch injectors have very small mass pintle and as such are very fast. small dead times. as fast if not faster that a stock 450 injector. I tried id1000s with link and i was told they were faster than stock deadtimes and to try 0 for dead time. cant remember what I actually ended up with.

We ended up throwing the 450s back in after countless hours of trial and error. In hindsight I suspect InjBatteryAdj had something to do with the anomalies in the idle vs cruise tune. We are going to take another stab at getting these bad boys dialed in this weekend. Worst case we have an appointment with English on Friday and will report back with the results.

Dead time is applied on top of the Global adjustment. It also has a much bigger impact at idle than during cruise/WOT. Initially, you should use the Global value for your injectors assumed flow rate and only adjust fueling at idle using Dead time (and MAFcomp or VE table).

How High-Z injectors will act compared to Low-Z, I can only speculate that it would be slower due to greater resistance. But I would make adjustments based on fuel trims and AFR, not how just it looks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back