The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

extra piece after turbo install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998gstspyder

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2004
Glendale, California
Okay, so I finally finish my turbo install and I find this thing under the car. It's like some hard metal piece, no clue what it is, or if I need it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Edit, It looks like your little metal ring that sits in in between the exhaust manifold, And stock turbine housing. As for if it's needed or not, No.. It is not needed.... If infact, That is actually what it is. It's hard to tell by the picture angle of the exact size because from the picture it looks like it would barely fit on your finger.

1993eclipseGS said:
It's hard to tell by the picture angle of the exact size because from the picture it looks like it would barely fit on your finger.

it actually has a 2 inch diamters, so i guess it is the piece you guys are talking about. I have no clue what its for though, but im glad i just dont need to drop the turbo again.

That's what it was for then.. On the bottom of your exhaust manifold (The collector), Where it bolts up to the turbine housing(hot side of the turbo), The stock turbo has a ''lip''and and also the stock manifold does (Usually what people port..) It sits on top of the turbine housing lip, And when the exhaust manifold is on, The top of it, Is touching the lip on the collector of the ex. manifold.

1998gstspyder said:
i still have my stock manifold and its not ported, am i still okay as far as not using that piece? i am going to port it soon though

You're fine. The new turbine housing has a bigger inlet then the stock t-25 anyways. Usually if the manifold hasto come off for some reason, People just throw away that little ring anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back