The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

dump ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63swap

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2003
MichiganUS
ok this probly sound stupid but how hard should it be to turn over your crank by hand? ya know placing a 1/2 drive socket into the crank. should there be a little resistance. it just seems that when I am turning mine over that it tends to get a little harder to turn every few cranks.
thanks
4g63swap :confused:

it will get harder depends on if the piston is starting to compress.....it will go between easy and hard, just depends on where the pistons are.

Not sure if this is safe but I sure if you remove the spark plugs it'll get real easy to rotate. :confused:

just so you know the plugs are out. and if I was hitting a valve it wouldn't be able to move right? thats just my consern, I have no problems with the assembly part and timming I know all that is right. engine is on a stand I think I forgot to mention that.
thanks

well if you know all the timing is right.....there should be no question that you not hitting a valve. It will be hard to turn that crank by hand no matter what. Your not hitting a valve if you know 100% you did the timing right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back