The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Dead miss

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyw88

Probationary Member
Oct 7, 2011
Meadville, Mississippi
When i crank up my 92 eclipse n/t for the first time during the day , it will have a dead miss. But once it runs for about 10 mins and i rev it up some it will even out and idle and run fine. What do yall think it is makin it do that and how do i fix it.

Sounds like you could have an injector leaking, filling one of the cylinders with fuel. How long to it have to sit before this happens? 4 hours, 6 hours, longer??

Its usually just when i crank it first time during the day . But after that its not as bad , it just misses really bad to where i have to pat the gas real hard to rev it up , but it does run

Mine does the same thing. Its ridiculous on cold mornings. Just sputters and misses badly until I reach operating temp then it clears up. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

You may also have an ignition problem. Cold start problems are also associated with spark plug cables that are arcing with moisture on them and once the car warms up, the moisture is gone so the miss goes away. I would try to diagnosis the car when it is missing to eliminate things. You could also pull the fuel rail and check the condition of the fuel injector tips to see if you have an injector that is leaking. Pulling the spark plug wires off the spark plug one by one can also help narrow down which cylinder is missing. The one or ones that make almost no difference in the way it runs are a good place to start.

Yea it is horrible , im thinkin it could be sumthin with the coil or plug wires . But im new to dsm's so i only know what i already know about cars

You marked this as resolved..... Yet you didn't post what you did to resolve it.
Could you explain what the fix was?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back