The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

car vandalism, alarm help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eugenesxyby999

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2007
staten island, New_York
As I pulled my car up to my driveway, started washing my car and notice my right tire flattened. I know for a fact that it has no hole in it, because i have been driving it all day everyday and never seen this bs.

I know one of my neighbors did it, maybe they are mad because my exhaust is waking them up late nights.

anyways, Fcuk them, any alarm out there to make the car go off for someone flattening your tires?

almost any alarm that has the shock feature will go off if they touch your car just set it really sensitive. and even a gust of wind will set it off

Whoa there, maybe it has a slow leak. Fill it up with air and dunk it in a tub of water to make sure before you go blaming other people :D That would have to be one sensitive alarm to go off from that sound, and a motion sensor would just be annoying if you have any nocturnal wildlife around. A camera would be the best way to have direct proof. Then if someone is messing with your car they won't be alarmed and you can catch the whole act.

Whoa there, maybe it has a slow leak. Fill it up with air and dunk it in a tub of water to make sure before you go blaming other people :D That would have to be one sensitive alarm to go off from that sound, and a motion sensor would just be annoying if you have any nocturnal wildlife around. A camera would be the best way to have direct proof. Then if someone is messing with your car they won't be alarmed and you can catch the whole act.
CCTV FTW
Anyway they would have stuck a grapefruit in your muffler instead.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

highly doubtful that it was a slow leak because it was a full tire the night before. you tellin me I should take the whole wheel off and dunk it in water?

Anything can happen to a wheel and tire. I've had valve stems randomly crap out. It's rare but it happens. No audible signs of leaking, but sure enough overnight the tire was flat.

or just jack that side off the ground and spay the whole tire with soapy water and see if it is a leak.

Shit happens and tires do go flat when you get something in them.;) Take the tire off and fill it with air and look for a leak. You can spray soapy water on the tread area or you can put it in a tub of water like ramsack said.

The place I get tires from, bestusedtires.com, dunks the wheels in a tub of water after they inflate the new tires. I'd imagine it's because they're used and you can only put a single tire on different wheels so many times, so they do it just to cover their asses, and it's the quickest method to instantly spot leaks, because they are in a hurry.

There are tilt sensitive ones. They're supposed to go off if someone jacks up your car to steal the wheels. That *might* work.

What type of hole is in the tire? Where is it? Or is it missing the valve from in the valve stem?

Most vandals won't pierce the tread because it's awkward to get to and thicker. Sidewalls are much quicker. And valve stems are just a nuisance. I've done it to my friend to get back at him for a prank.

There are tilt sensitive ones. They're supposed to go off if someone jacks up your car to steal the wheels. That *might* work.

What type of hole is in the tire? Where is it? Or is it missing the valve from in the valve stem?

Most vandals won't pierce the tread because it's awkward to get to and thicker. Sidewalls are much quicker. And valve stems are just a nuisance. I've done it to my friend to get back at him for a prank.

theres no hole. i just live around ass-hole neighbors.

just be lucky it is only a tire came home to a fist sized dent in my drivers fender. and as usual nobody saw anything.

I tried to use a tilt sensor from Viper (or whatever the parent company is, I forget...) years ago. The installer I used recommended against it but I wanted some protection against wheel theft. I learned quickly why. When the device was set sensitive enough to detect tilting of the car to the point before a wheel left the ground it would go off and seemingly random times with no obvious movement in the car (perhaps it went off from wind or vibration from nearby vehicles?). When I adjusted it so the apparent false alarms stopped occurring you could lift two of the wheels off the ground without triggering it. So in the end it was useless and I removed it.

The sensitivity to detect just a tire deflating would have to be much higher than what I wanted with wheel theft. I'd ask hard questions of a retailer/installer on noise filtering to prevent the apparent false alarms I'd seen as well as verify they have experience to show the device works as you'd hoped. Make sure to get some sort of guarantee too that if it doesn't perform you can get all your money back.

In summary, be skeptical, and get a guarantee.

I once had a sticky fingered neighbor,I caught him one nite trying to steal my cd player and beat the living sh#t outta him,I almost went to jail for it so be careful in how you handle it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back