The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

biggest hp mod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your going to get flamed for this question, list your mods.

EDIT: Also list your goals for the car.

Hrm.. looks like hes pretty stock...

Exhaust would absolutely be number one, no matter what your setup is. You cant make 1,000AWHP with a stock exhaust now can you!?
Or even 300AWHP... so there... problem solved.

No im not looking for the next hp mod for me. Im saying with the paths it says what to do next and what not..so out of all the steps witch one is most noticable for hp gain?

depends what way u go at it, if u have all the suporting mods for a bigass turbo then obviously it will be the turbo. but without the suporting mods and adding that turbo it will be the least hp gain.

Cough....ECMLINK! haha jk yeah I suppose exhaust would be nice LOL I made 280tq on a stock DP and crappy crush bent 2 1/2 cat back.What a joke I wonder how much more power I will pick up with my full 3in turboback next time I get on the dyno.My sweet 2in DP was deafenatly not helping my numbers go up....Guess I will see but next time on the dyno will be with 272 cams full 3in and speed density.So I guess I will never know what the exhaust did LOL

Cough....ECMLINK! haha jk yeah I suppose exhaust would be nice LOL I made 280tq on a stock DP and crappy crush bent 2 1/2 cat back.What a joke I wonder how much more power I will pick up with my full 3in turboback next time I get on the dyno.My sweet 2in DP was deafenatly not helping my numbers go up....Guess I will see but next time on the dyno will be with 272 cams full 3in and speed density.So I guess I will never know what the exhaust did LOL

got any vids of how it sounded?

I don't know why ppl keep responding, this is one fo the single most retarded questions I have read on tuners. he doesn't want to hear shit about suporting mods or what he should do to his car, all he wants to know is the single mod in all the "stages" that will make the most power.

each mod in that list on its own the effects are negligible. The mods in the lists work together. If all you want is instant power toss on a 200 shot of n20. you'll be fast, one time. dsms are moody and finicky if your PATIENT and take your time doing things right there will be a pay off at the end. Intake, Exhaust, Boost gauge, then boost control.

reasons-
you cant get more air in to your motor with out an upgraded intake/filter.
you cant get additional air out of your motor with out the exhaust
you don't have any idea what you are running for boost with your factory gauge

So until you prepare the motor to work more efficiently you really don't have any use for a boost control or bigger turbo ect....

good luck, use your head

Last edited:
according to your profile you have nothing done to your car correct? i would start with the free mods then exhaust, then an open element air filter.

My talon has trapped 110 with the stock exhaust. Running 30 psi on e85 with an evo3 and stock smic and piping. The biggest gain on any turbo car is a $20 mbc. Exhaust, fmic, and a tuning solution are importatnt. I use eprom ecu's and burn my own chips, a very cheap alternative that offers the same tuning power as any other stock ecu tuning method. Even though my car ran a good trap speed it totally falls on its face above 5500 rpm's from the restrictive stock exhaust. My next round of mods will be a 3" exhaust, fmic, and larger turbo. I would rate fuel mods and the ability to run e85 as one of the best mods I have ever done to a turbo car.

Disregard all these cretans and their monolithic tuning mumbo jumbo. In the end if your looking for real HP gains go for a good shot of NOS. F the turbo and all the other time consuming bolt ons. a 120 shot or more will get you the big gain. Now if your planning on driving the car for more than a few minutes then maybe these other guys have some good advice.

your biggest HP gain is knowledge, because knowledges is power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back