The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Anyone done anything with the left air duct (RE: brake cooling)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorS

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2009
Newark, Delaware
While banging my head against my balky left front axle this week, it occurred to me the front left air duct doesn't really appear to accomplish much. It's there behind the front fascia/fog light, and air has to enter and pass by the washer reservoir, but the splash panel stops it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

On the right side, air passes through the IC duct, the IC, the vented splash panel, and helps cool the brake. Why not use the left side air duct to help cool the left side brake? Seems like I ought to modify that splash guard.

I put a power steering cooler there. I did open up and mesh the plastic fender liner.i don't think those vents aren't really meant for air source for brake cooling. Any air that gets back to the brakes is more accidental than anything. Not to say in anyway that our cars don't need brake cooling.

Thanks guys -- appreciate your inputs :)!

Last edited:
You guys that installed coolers in there, I'm guessing you also opened up the splash shield as did bmoha7321. Do you race your cars?

Finished my splash shield mod :)!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back