The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Any thoughts on ebay slotted rotors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwmedia2008

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2008
mantua, Ohio
After weeks of looking for a new dsm. I think I found the winner. A white 1995 awd tsi.
Completely stock. I am giving him some cash and a sound system for it. Needs new rotors and new pads. So I might just buy some ebay slotted rotors for now.

Depends on the actual brand, link?

After weeks of looking for a new dsm. I think I found the winner. A white 1995 awd tsi.
Completely stock. I am giving him some cash and a sound system for it. Needs new rotors and new pads. So I might just buy some ebay slotted rotors for now.

well i looked at my breaks and it turns out that my rear ones are vented... at for the links i posted previously, can i get the 96-99 kit and if not whats the difference between that set and the 95-99?
:talon:

Sorry i missed the link, it's not valid anymore. Most ebay rotors are chinese junk & will warp just with tightening your lugnuts ROFL stay with iso 9001 companies like brembo etc.... & you will have no problems. Also beware of shady ebayers who buy stock oe replacement brembos & cross drill them themselves. Always confirm the part #'s.

ISO 9001 does not mean that the rotors are any better! ISO 9001 is a quality program, so the company can say they meet quality standards. Meaning they can still have a bad product but they will have less rotors that fail final inspection.

To the OP if the rotors are cheap enough then buy them and throw them away after a year or so. If you want your rotors to last, then spend the money and buy OEM and forget about cross drilled and slotted.

True, but i've never seen any of these chinese companies iso 9001 certified. A company like brembo is, & how many of their products fail?

Ok how many complaints have you heard about brembo? How many have you heard about chinese ebay rotors?

[QUOTE="G";151706859]Ok how many complaints have you heard about brembo? How many have you heard about chinese ebay rotors?[/QUOTE]

with ebay chinese turbos man, with ebay rotors.. none.. apples and oranges

like always a bunch of folks assume, seems like the only people who complain are those who don't use the brand at all. believe me if we have problems with our sets we would've plastered this forum already

Wow you must not read much, because all i see on every car forum is how johnny ricer bought some cross drilled rotors off of ebay for $20 shipped & he can't understand why they are warped after tightening his lugnuts.

there is no need to turn this topic into an argument, ive read too many topics that started as helpful and ended in arguements over opinions and this one may be headed that way.

the guy asked for advice. he has received it.

Buy at your own risk bare in mind brakes are a crucial safety concern and the cheapies may never give you problems, but if they do we all hope nothing bad happens.

remember ebay sellers are out to make money and can sometimes be shady when compared to a company/distributor that is well known and has a name to protect.
If the ebay guy sells you shit and you get hurt he can cancel that account and change his seller name and continue selling crap.

just be careful and good luck with your decision.

:thumb:

No arguing over here, but to the OP as you can see many have had great experinces with ebay rotors. Reason why in my review of them, http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/handling-tech/304326-ebay-raceconcepts-brake-rotor-review.html, I included the company Raceconcepts to make buying and distinguishing easier so you know you are getting a quality product off of ebay.

Both I and RedTurboEclipse as well as many others can say these are great high quality pieces. Now I do suggest, like in my review, if you get the package with the pads, you will probably receive some kind of semi-metallic (C-Tek) which are great, because hell they're new pads, but only if you are in dire need and have rusted and/or no pads left at all. I just changed the pads out this weekend to Hawk's. They work well but they will squeak like crazy after a month (I've had them on for quite a while now), brake dust isn't as bad as I've seen and even on right-turns they squeal without me on the brake. Anywho this is about rotors and not pads so I will leave it at that...

:dsm:

^ jUST curious did those boxes have a country of origin on them?

I'm not 100% but I want to say no, they did not. The only thing out of the ordinary was the BrakeCo name on the shipping box they came in. RedTurboEclipse has already established the reasoning behind this though.

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back