The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

91-94 motor in a 90??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12sec92Tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2004
Hagerstown, Maryland
Some of you may have seen my other thread showing how I wrecked my 92 TSi FWD. I was thinking it might be cheaper to just take my motor out and swap it into another car with a good body than trying to fix my car. I specifically want a 90 or 91 tsi awd talon. If I can find a 90 with a blown motor to swap mine into, will everything bolt right up? Just wondering before I go out and buy a car. Thanks alot. :talon:

NO!!! I tried to put a 1991-94 JDM Engine in my 1990 shell and Everything was f***ed up, the engine sat in and thats it, nothing plugged in correctly, I just said F*** it and I'm selling the JDM engine, 30k Miles came with awd tranny and transfer case, of course mine was a jdm but I'm not sure if that makes a diff.

Actually you can, some of the wiring might need to be worked but there are some short cuts you can take to make it easier.

E.I. The CAS from a 92 is not compatiable with the 90 Engine wiring harness. But the 90 CAS will bolt on to the 92 motor. So swap them out and you won't need cut and splice the harness for the CAS. Good luck! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back