The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2g auto no forward gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Reverse is fine. Slowly started to get delay when putting car into drive. Once in drive etc hard shifts with the shift box so I assume that the clutches are good. Today it was fine one second then nothing. I read reverse shares 1st so leaning towards electric, could one of the plugs on the tranny have become loose? Won't be able to check till after work. Has been trouble free till this came up.

Update: After work when it was cold it went right into forward gears, drove home fine. Once home no forward gears again when I tried after parking. Must be a o-ring or gasket allowing the hot thin fluid to leak preventing kicking it into the forward gears??

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back