The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Removing vaccum lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefire16

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2007
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Ok so i pulled up the taboo page on what vaccum lines can be taken out. But the picture wont blow up any bigger. So i just have a couple questions before i start ripping lines out, I just want to understand that my solenoids wont have any vac lines running to them, just my fuel pressure regulator, bov and wga? Oh and it shows that one line is going to the boost gauge and fuel pressure solenoids BUT WHERE IS THAT LINE FROM? Is it the line coming out from the top of the intake manifold on the right side? Thanks (my boost controller comes in a day or two then ill be pulling the lines.)

Aw great guys, thanks. Im just gonna take my time find all the lines and then pull em when my mbc comes.

Oh but like before, what about the fuel pressure solenoid? That line comes from off the top of the manifold right? (Like thats where it comes out from and then plugs into the solenoid? And is grouped with another wire i believe with a stupid rubber thign)

Oh but like before, what about the fuel pressure solenoid? That line comes from off the top of the manifold right? (Like thats where it comes out from and then plugs into the solenoid? And is grouped with another wire i believe with a stupid rubber thign)
Yes, from the factory, it goes: intake manifold --> FP solenoid --> FP regulator

If you really want to clean it up, there's only about five vacuum lines needed in the entire engine bay.

Pressure source to wastegate.
Intake manifold plenum to BOV.
Intake manifold plenum to brake booster.
Intake manifold plenum to fuel pressure regular.
Intake manifold plenum to boost gauge.

Ok so i pulled up the taboo page on what vaccum lines can be taken out. But the picture wont blow up any bigger. So i just have a couple questions before i start ripping lines out, I just want to understand that my solenoids wont have any vac lines running to them, just my fuel pressure regulator, bov and wga? Oh and it shows that one line is going to the boost gauge and fuel pressure solenoids BUT WHERE IS THAT LINE FROM? Is it the line coming out from the top of the intake manifold on the right side? Thanks (my boost controller comes in a day or two then ill be pulling the lines.)

I'm glad i waited a few more days before I pulled my lines off. I had the exact same question about the Taboo diagram. Thanks for giving the link with the bigger diagram. Huge Help!

Hey gst racer, want to come on over to my house and give me a hand? haha, but seriouslly what if i paid ya to help me put on my 14b? (little off topic haha) Good to see so many of us guys from MI!
Man, GR is a drive from my house. And I don't even have time to work on my own cars at the moment... But, PM me and we'll talk. Maybe we can work something out.

^But instead of tee-ing the MBC into the BOV. Run it off a nipple on the compressor housing.

Attachments

• taboo_2g.jpg
    taboo_2g.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 558
Just to confirm, the above pic (not the one I linked to) is the correct way? When I put together my engine, I'd rather pull the vac lines and not deal with those portions. It is still important to plug in all solenoids electrical wise to prevent a cell from coming on.

d

Just to confirm, the above pic (not the one I linked to) is the correct way? When I put together my engine, I'd rather pull the vac lines and not deal with those portions. It is still important to plug in all solenoids electrical wise to prevent a cell from coming on.

d

Yes, the above picture is correct. You don't want to tap into the bov line for anything, which is corrected in that picture. I would also say you should have the PCV to intake manifold vacuum line.

Question? What about removing the charcoal canister thing? Should I take this out as well?

Sure, why not! Lighter car, lighter car ;) Just don't plug the gas tank vent line that comes from the rear of the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back