The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Comp 6467 dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
Okay I went to the dyno to tune my car and put down some decent numbers but ended up falling short of the 600 mark. I ended up not getting a decent tune could get the lab top to power up so I just ran the car on a fat drive in tune. check out the sheet. I am still on the cyclone intake manifold and BC272 cams. These two items make the car very streetable.

Attachments

• Kelvin 573HP 488TQ.jpg
    Kelvin 573HP 488TQ.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 288
Can somebody tell me why I am constantly having issues?LOL I suspected that my turbo is really not spooling as it should. Therefore I decided to put a towel over my exhuast to plug my system and lo and behold my t3 gasket between my exhaust manifold and my turbine housing is blown. I think this was the case on this dyno run.:ohdamn:

Kelvin, I've gotten to the point where a lot of times i won't even use gaskets on the turbo to manifoldanymore. I will lap the surfaces or machine them when possible and use spray paint or even copper gasket spray. Forsome reason 90% of the T3 gaskets seem to split along the "long side" of the rectange flange. With no gasket and gold or silverspray paint built up in layers till it's pretty thick and fairly dry before assmebly, i've gotten rid of most leaks i've had to deal with

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelvin, I've gotten to the point where a lot of times i won't even use gaskets on the turbo to manifoldanymore. I will lap the surfaces or machine them when possible and use spray paint or even copper gasket spray. Forsome reason 90% of the T3 gaskets seem to split along the "long side" of the rectange flange. With no gasket and gold or silverspray paint built up in layers till it's pretty thick and fairly dry before assmebly, i've gotten rid of most leaks i've had to deal with

Yep thats where it blew on the back side of the long end of the gasket. This was slightly my fault also when switching to the ERL manifold I reused the t3 copper gasket that I purchased from FFWd connection. I will try the copper stuff when my new gasket gets here.

Okay I took the turbo manifold back off and I found that the t3 gasket had indeed blew on the back side. Also found that the FFWD comper manifold gasket doesn't work well with the ERL manifold the embossed area does not line up well with the manifold on the bottom side. This is the second FFWD gasket that I have tried to run and both leaked in the same area so I will definitely be installing a factory manifold gasket this time. 573 with these two issues is not bad in my book. here's a picture of the FFWD gasket. I will post pick of the t3 gasket later.

Attachments

• FFWD copper gasket.jpg
    FFWD copper gasket.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 908
Best of luck on the Dyno bro, hey I noticed you called earlier, I was out on the motorcycle and had the phone in my jacket.. never notivced till a few hours later. I've been super busy with a customer's bike i had to get ready for tonight at 11pm pickup (just finished getting the wheels back on it :D )

Anyway, I'll hit you up in the morning or you can call me whenever works for ya tomorrow

can't wait for th new results.. And if i were you, even with gaskets add either gold/silver spray paint or copper gasket spray.. This ius the only thing i've found that makes the T3 gaskets not blow or at least not leak when they do crack (the one on my car now was split and i built up paint on the manifold and turbo before assembly (i mean thick!!!) and it's been together a couple months and not a single leak coming out of it..there's something in the gold and silver paint that makes it sparkle that is what seals the gasket area (not sure the nam,e of the stuff though)

so what gaskets did you use this time stock or ffwd? did you even use a gasket between the manifold and the turbo?

I used a 4 layer stock metal gasket on the manifold to head. For the t3 I drove over to summitt racing and bought 3 of these little boys Turbonetics 30263 - Turbonetics Replacement T3 Turbine Inlet Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com sprayed them with copper spray sandwiched them together to form a mutilayer setup and all is well. car spools really nice now:D

Glenn thanks for the copper spray suggestion on the gasket drove about 4 hours yesterday and it seams to be holding up well. Can you guys answer one question for me does this car still hold the stock cyclone intake HP record? http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cyl...-record-7bolt-swap-results.html#post152927401

I am coming after the title:sneaky: people keep telling me to get another manifold and I will be well over 600 but my goal is to get this record and then I may switch. I noticed that this was back in 2007 I just want to know if it still stands.:thumb:

You should get another intake mani. If you're looking for minimal lowend loss and an extra 20-30whp up top I know of a certain person that has the perfect intake manifold for you :sneaky:.

You should get another intake mani. If you're looking for minimal lowend loss and an extra 20-30whp up top I know of a certain person that has the perfect intake manifold for you :sneaky:.

I am gonna break that record first if the manifold is still available I may change. Lol

your link is not working by the way. but that sucks that your turbo died

Okay I took the turbo manifold back off and I found that the t3 gasket had indeed blew on the back side. Also found that the FFWD comper manifold gasket doesn't work well with the ERL manifold the embossed area does not line up well with the manifold on the bottom side. This is the second FFWD gasket that I have tried to run and both leaked in the same area so I will definitely be installing a factory manifold gasket this time. 573 with these two issues is not bad in my book. here's a picture of the FFWD gasket. I will post pick of the t3 gasket later.

Like to add I've ran a FFWD copper exhaust mani gasket in the past & didn't have any luck with it either (this was with FP exhaust mani). Seemed like the head to mani nuts were always backing off, they were always torqued properly both with the engine hot & cold & no luck. I actually lost a couple nuts as they backed right off, so every few weeks I was checking & re-torquing. It seemed to always be leaking as well (likely due to nuts always backing off). I gave up on it & went back to a 4 layer stocker, never had issues with them in the past & haven't since.

Maybe your elite set-up overpowered the turbo? :D

Well I rather show than tell. comp is the red lline pte is the blue line. I literally wasted two years and who knows how many dollars trying to get a turbo from them that works with the 4g63 platform. Here are some of the combination I tried all being billet , triple bb units. 6265, 6465, 6467, 6765 none was daily driver friendly and the bad part was that I literally waited a month for each of the options tried above ,4 months of waiting was crazy.

I spent many hours on the phone with comp and tried to explain what I though was wrong did they listen who knows, maybe they thought I was someone trying to get something for nothing. I stuck with them because I was caught up on this triple ball bearing deal. In the end I ended up moving on and purchased for 1500.00 a pte 6266 cea bb unit. Not only did it out spool the comp but made more power as well I look at the dyno sheet comparison of the 6467 triple ball bearing extended tip ct4 .63 ar vs a pte 6266 cea 82ar both around the same boost the pte whipped that you know what! Finally the turbo I was looking for
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back