The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Dynoed again 1033HP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnTSI

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 1, 2003
Wilmington, North_Carolina
Went back to the dyno tonight and found a few interesting things, the 1.01 - 1.28 housing swap cost me 150rpmish spool but at the same boost level picked up 50whp. Onto the good stuff, car made 1033hp/658tq STD it made 1021hp 651tq uncorrected and 1007hp 641tq SAE, so no matter what way you slice it.

I left the dyno files on the computer at work so I will post them later. I cannot begin to thank my sponsors enough, Brian and Jason at Wier's automotive for all the help and place to work on the car over the years. Tom and Dave for providing me a hell of a EMS; Marco for all the help and the Manifold; Ron for years of **** talking, support and and hell of a manifold; and finally Chris, Ben and the rest of the guys at national speed for the dyno usage.

Thanks to my sponsors
Wier's Automotive Racing
Shearer Fabrications
Magnus Motorsports
ECMLink
National Speed Inc

Last edited:
Good. Now lets get this thing on a track...

Thats next, gonna drop the pan and make sure everything looks ok. If all is good off to the track in the next week or two.

Thanks to my sponsors
Wier's Automotive Racing
Shearer Fabrications
Magnus Motorsports
ECMLink
National Speed Inc

Last edited:
Any video of the dyno?

I love seeing 1000+whp DSMs.

Ummmm....Don't ya think you coulda got a lil more out of her??? LOL Dude that's very impressive even for my jaded DSM soul... WOW!!!!! Can't wait to see this thing make some shakedown passes:)
So how does is feel???? I know it's gotta be F-ing GNARLY!!! have ya made any test BLAST'S yet???

Excellent job on the build!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmm....Don't ya think you coulda got a lil more out of her??? LOL Dude that's very impressive even for my jaded DSM soul... WOW!!!!! Can't wait to see this thing make some shakedown passes:)
So how does is feel???? I know it's gotta be F-ing GNARLY!!! have ya made any test BLAST'S yet???

Excellent job on the build!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sir, are clearly VERY excited.

Awesome numbers, good job!

These are the kind of threads that i like.
Makes my go to the garage and look at my car and start looking into what to do to it

Car overshoots target boost then settles, hit 49 then settled to 48 and fell to 46.5 by 9350.

Timing is 10* at peak tq and 18-19 out the back door.

Daaaaaaamn!OMG That is awesome. The four digit mark is no easy task so you definitely have something to be proud of, that's for sure.:applause: Nice work and I can't wait to hear what it can do at the track.

It means he is running coolant through the head only. His block as been filled to increase strength.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back