The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Viper 5901 alarm remote start error

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freakingbori617

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2008
BOSTON, Massachusetts
ok guys so i did my first alarm install. Time consuming but i wired everything up. The alarm works perfect. No problems but the remote start shows error. I wired the neutral safety wire to the ebrake. But there is H1/1 WHITE/BLUE (-) REMOTE START/ TURBO TIMER ACTIVATION INPUT H1/1 that i donot know where it goes to. I heard it doesnt need to be connected not sure though. please help guys

BElow is how I wired the remote start harness from the alarm to my ignition harness.

(H3) 10-pin connector
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT =Black/White ignition harness
H3/2 RED/WHITE (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87 = White ignition harness

H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT = Blue
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) = Black/Red Ignition Switch Harness

H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE) = Black/Red Ignition Switch Harness

H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT = White ignition harness
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT = Blue/Black ignition harness

H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX
RELAY = Cut short and tape off

H3/9 RED/BLACK (+) FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT = White ignition harness

There's a couple things that it could be, but I'm almost willing to put money on the notion that you didn't plug in the little toggle switch. That toggle has to be put into it's plug on the 5901 (and all other Viper remote starts) AND in the on position. It's plug is the black 2 pin that should be near a black 3 pin (I think... I don't have one in front of me, so it might be elsewhere... 90% sure though)

If the error you're getting is something like 10 flashes of the parking lights, then that's it.

It could also be your neutral safety switch wiring. Ground it for now to make sure.

It may also depend on your programming of the remote start. i.e. If you have an automatic transmission, the 5901 (and all Viper remote starts) comes pre-programmed for a manual transmission. Look in your instruction manual under programming options for how to change it.

If it's a manual, then you'll need to hook up the tachometer wire (purple/white) in the same plug as the brake (small gauge brown) and hood pin (small gauge gray) inputs. And then 'learn' the tachometer signal (it's easy, just start the car with the key, then press and hold the valet button on the antenna until the LED lights up.)

Hope that helps!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back