The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Extreme PSI Cometic HG

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1996Eclipse420a

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2012
Wilkesboro, North_Carolina
I'm just wondering if anybody has ordered a Cometic HG from ExtremePSI? I ordered mine October 4th, and it still hasn't gotten here. I got a receipt for my purchase though email. I however, didn't get an email with a tracking number, or stating that the item had been shipped. When I ordered my ARP Head Studs, they arrived in 2 days.

I called customer service, and the guy looked up the order. He said that it was suppose to ship from something. I'm not exactly sure what he said, but I'm guessing they ship from whoever sells them their parts? I may be wrong, but he said he would call, and find out tracking information, and shipping. I gave him my phone number to call me back, but he never did.

Anybody ever had problems like this through ExtremePSI?

I always get parts from them in about 2 days. They are awesome. I would call them back and see what the deal is. Part may have been out of stock or something. I would have gone with a stock MLS headgasket tho

i usually drive up there to get my parts. They usually have them in stock. Give them another buzz, they are usually really good about shipping things fast.

You should have just gone with a Mopar MLS. it would have been cheaper and better. and in your hands already.. food for thought for your next build.

Chances are they probably didnt have anymore of the size you ordered in stock , and had to have it made and drop shipped. But personally if i can help it i will buy direrctly from most makers. And ive been running a Cometic HG @20psi and have had great results.

sorry for the late reply guys. I've gotten everything and the motor is out, adn at the machine shop. Bearings on Rod 1, 2, and 3 were glued or stuck to the crank, and spinning freely inside the rod. More info on the build soon to come. Having full machine work done. Crank turned, balanced, overbore .20, valve job, porting the head and everything that was available.

Also, the valves were covered in carbon buildup. I just put spark plugs in it over the summer, and they were ALL covered in oil too. Some rings were bad, but I'm thinking the Valve guides are bad as well.

If someone can send me a link to a bottom end gasket kit, it'd be appreciated.

Make sure that both the block and head are milled properly to seal with that cometic HG.

If the surface finish is to rough, you will have issues getting the gasket to seal.

Most HG, even the factory have a large enough bore to them for you to go .040 over with out having to worry about the HG fitting the cylinder bore.

The surface finish has to be almost as smooth as glass.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back