The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2.3L Stroker FP DSM82 E85 Dyno results....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah it was nice to see your car too. Thing is crazy.....Makes me want to put 4 slicks on my car ;)

Well we found that it wasn't ignition break up in high rpm, it was my stock valve springs causing valves to float and thus causing the misfire. I'm putting supertech dual valve springs in it now and hoping that solves the issue. For ignition, I'm running Beyond Redline's coil on plug set up and Br8es as well gapped to .024. I'm hoping it still doesn't misfire when the valve springs are in, but we'll see.

BTW...how is that new set up of yours working out? You getting into it yet?

We somewhat dialed it in while we were up in the dells on wastegate pressure (25psi) From a slow roll while matt (mr. peepers) got a quick jump and then I stayed on his bumper the whole time. His car usually traps mid to low 130's so if I can do that on wastegate pressure that is awesome! Right now I am in the process of fixing the speed sensor issue so I have a speedometer and then get to finally play around with the nitrous to get it out of the hole.

I will be looking forward to seeing some new numbers!

The only thing this thread is missing are videos...!

Pretty sick man. I am superjealous! That bi*** was walking all around on that dyno. :thumb:

That is monster torque, well done!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Are those stock painted rims?

Yep, they are.

Few changes made this week....will be on dyno shortly for new #'s. Hopefully the dual valve springs solved the misfire issue at high RPM which we suspected to be due to a valve floating from the stock valve springs.

Hoosier drag radials
Enkei RPF1 16" lightweight racing wheels
ACT 3200 PP with South Bend kevlar/ceramic disc
Fidanza cam gears
Supertech dual valve springs with titanium retainers
Gates timing belt
L19 head studs
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Sweet that was the tranny I was looking at too. What options did you opt for? I am wanting the evo 1st geAr and input and the taller 5th gear too.

I believe it does have a evo 1st gear, but the previous owner who had it would know more about that. I'd have to ask him or wait for him to chime in :)

I'm pretty sure it does not have the evo 1st gear and input shaft or the taller 5th. But you would have to check the reciepts.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yep, they are.

Few changes made this week....will be on dyno shortly for new #'s. Hopefully the dual valve springs solved the misfire issue at high RPM which we suspected to be due to a valve floating from the stock valve springs.

Hoosier drag radials
Enkei RPF1 16" lightweight racing wheels
ACT 3200 PP with South Bend kevlar/ceramic disc
Fidanza cam gears
Supertech dual valve springs with titanium retainers
Gates timing belt
L19 head studs

This is just nuts to see you doing this to the car. Makes me happy to see she is getting the attention she deserves. I honestly thought I'd never see the car again. Are you planning on keeping the car or are you going to try and sell it? You putting a cage in there soon? Carbon fiber drive shaft? What else you have planned? When are you going to take that to GLD?

You post anywhere else (other forums) about the car? If you want I can send you a dvd or something of all the old pictures I have of the car, I know you have the book of reciepts already.

I'm pretty sure it does not have the evo 1st gear and input shaft or the taller 5th. But you would have to check the reciepts.

This is just nuts to see you doing this to the car. Makes me happy to see she is getting the attention she deserves. I honestly thought I'd never see the car again. Are you planning on keeping the car or are you going to try and sell it? You putting a cage in there soon? Carbon fiber drive shaft? What else you have planned? When are you going to take that to GLD?

You post anywhere else (other forums) about the car? If you want I can send you a dvd or something of all the old pictures I have of the car, I know you have the book of reciepts already.

That'll be great to see all the old pictures of the car!!!! As of right now I don't plan on selling it, but I guess everything is for sale for the right price, especially to its original owner! :) But I'm having a blast with the car so far and plan on taking it to GLD yes, but since we have a local track here, I don't get to make the trip to GLD too often except when our track gets rained out or what not.

I'm sure i'll be FORCED to put a cage in there once I make 1 or 2 passes down the track, haha. So I'm sure I will. Not sure about a carbon fiber driveshaft, perhaps, but not as of right now. I'd like to research it probably a bit to see the potential gains and what not. I post in this forum and WIdsm.org, my name on widsm.org was made 5 years ago and its faster_than_coty. Thanks for the reply, PM me if you want if we can exchange those pics sometime!

Wanted to upload some new pics of the exterior of the car today. Got some new wheels and tires for it that I'll be putting to use at the track tomorrow! ;) (if rain holds off) I have boost set low for the first few times to see how she does on 28lbs first. If all goes well, may attempt 39-40.

Last edited:
UPDATE...time for a rebuild :) LOL...didnt think the block would last too long. Still runs fine, just getting EXCESSIVE blow by through the rings and am going to have to bore it over and run a better piston and rod set up. I guess stay tuned :(

P.S. DSM's are crazy with maintenance, the supra gets 1000hp of beat runs day after day and I park it in the garage every night and don't do a damn thing. The DSM however, ha....totally different. Oh well.

UPDATE...time for a rebuild :) LOL...didnt think the block would last too long. Still runs fine, just getting EXCESSIVE blow by through the rings and am going to have to bore it over and run a better piston and rod set up. I guess stay tuned :(

P.S. DSM's are crazy with maintenance, the supra gets 1000hp of beat runs day after day and I park it in the garage every night and don't do a damn thing. The DSM however, ha....totally different. Oh well.

Did you run it at all at the track?

Did you run it at all at the track?

nope, decided not to with all the blow by that was going on. Would of just blew something apart. Give me a month to rebuild the engine and throw a stage 4 Shep trans in the car instead of the stage 3.

MKIV Supra... Sex.

Anyway, sucks to hear about the engine. What piston/rod are you going to run now? I have a Manley I-Beam/Wiseco HD ready to go almost. Just want to push the stock block... once the car is actually done.

MKIV Supra... Sex.

Anyway, sucks to hear about the engine. What piston/rod are you going to run now? I have a Manley I-Beam/Wiseco HD ready to go almost. Just want to push the stock block... once the car is actually done.

There are Eagle Rods and Ross pistons in it now. Not sure if the Eagle rods will be good enough for the power I'm making, may have to do a bit more research on that yet. As far as pistons, I'll need to look into an actual HD piston. So far I have my eyes set on the Wiseco HD set.

There are Eagle Rods and Ross pistons in it now. Not sure if the Eagle rods will be good enough for the power I'm making, may have to do a bit more research on that yet. As far as pistons, I'll need to look into an actual HD piston. So far I have my eyes set on the Wiseco HD set.

Were you planning on saying stroker or go back to 2.0 platform?

I'm surprised you were able to squeeze this power out of a mitsu-housed turbo just because I've never seen it done. LOL Can't wait to see what it'll do with the new setup at aleast.

Were you planning on saying stroker or go back to 2.0 platform?

I'm surprised you were able to squeeze this power out of a mitsu-housed turbo just because I've never seen it done. LOL Can't wait to see what it'll do with the new setup at aleast.

I'll be staying 2.3L :) Well, since it has to be bored over, it'll be a little bigger than a 2.3

My car is also a eagle ross combo and this is the 4th year on this engine, 3 of which has been 500+whp and the end of last year was probably around 700+. I have heard mixed stories on the eagle rods though but mine seem to be holding together just fine.

My car is also a eagle ross combo and this is the 4th year on this engine, 3 of which has been 500+whp and the end of last year was probably around 700+. I have heard mixed stories on the eagle rods though but mine seem to be holding together just fine.

Good to know thanks :) if everything is good in the motor when the machine shop checks it over, I may just get away with only having to put new rings in it and keeping the same bore on the block(hoping) And I'll slap new bearings in it too.

P.S. Anybody know if anybody has a good used or new stage 4 awd trans for sale? I'm looking to buy

So got my car tuned at Beyond Redline Performance on a AWD dynojet in Green Bay today. So far, in the middle of tuning as I write this, the car makes 563awhp@32lbs of boost on E85. Going to try for 40lbs! Dyno sheets will come shortly, along with before and after comparisons of old set up.

Updated #'s -616awhp/658awtq@39lbs
Was still breaking up at high rpm because of a valve floating from stock valve springs, so supertech dual valve springs are going in, plus adjustable cam gears. Will keep you guys posted on final #'s in a few days.

Mod list is:

Built 2.3L-Eagle Rods, Wiseco Pistons, ACL bearings
5 angle valve job
Comp101200 cams
3g lifters
Supertech Dual Valve springs
Fidanza adjustable cam gears
Gates timing belt
Mitsu MLS
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
Beyond Redline coil on plug ignition set up
Beyond Redline intake manifold
FP DSM82 dbb turbo with tial mvr 44mm wg and FP recirc 02 housing
FP log style manifold
DSM link v3 with speed density
Precision black fmic with 3" piping
FP 4" intake with K&N filter
Full 3" stainless exhaust
Shep Stage 3 Trans
ACT 3200 Clutch with kevlar/ceramic disc
Fidanza flywheel
Vr4 front brake calipers
Dual walbaro 255 fuel pumps
Bosch 044 inline fuel pump
1600cc injectors
-8 fuel line
Aeromotive FPR

OLD set up versus new :)

YouTube - ‪1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse FP DSM82 E85 39psi 616awhp/658awtq‬‏

Dude this is one of the nicest setups that I have seen on these boards:thumb::thumb: very nice numbers like the humble appearance of the car as well. Nice job:cool:

Do u have a graph with power vs. RPM, I hate graphs with speed.

Nice work though, don't be scared to rev that stroker she will take it all day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back