The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

FP 68HTA dyno results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweet results. I've been considering this to replace my small 16G. Very curious about your supporting mods, I gotta admit I'm surprised but happy to hear that it generated those kinda numbers. THANKS for the post, not much feedback on these so far.

i wanna know where i find info on these turbos? I've been sorta out of the loop sicne the holset rage kicked in and all the HTA and such compressors i hear about i can't find because i don't even know how makes or sells them (god i feel like a nooob)

Nice numbers though, but when the HTA was being touted and jokingly called heau terra azuel (sp?) I thought they would be much more capable in the range of "maxed out" but i honestly have no clue about them please help an old timer catch up with the times LOL

I'm wondering is this soimethign that spools ultra fast or something as well because i've made those same numbers (or close enough ) on my 57 and others have done better than me on the more efficient to4e 50 trim (again NOT KNOCKING YOU AT ALL, i'm just confused about these turbos)

Good numbers IF that's on pump and not E85. If it's on your FWD, that helps the numbers as well. I really think it's at least as much the hotside holding back 16G's as it is the compressor. I'll keep the 414awhp/459 torque of my 16G. Well, not really I guess since I now have a Holset on my car.

Fit up a Holset WGA on that thing so you can hold a bit more boost and then let's see the numbers. At the end, I was holding more boost than that with my 16G with the help of a Holset WGA.

Mod list????

Could I swap the small 16G hotside that I have now onto one of these? The only reason I am asking is because the small 16G I got from Mach V years ago has a CNC ported turbine housing. If it will in fact swap it should help the numbers I would think.

We dont even know the dyno. If this is a load bearing dyno than it blows the 16g out of the water hp wise. Most 16gs produce more tq than HP. If its another dynojet than thats right around what a 16g can do, guessing this is on e85 and not pump.

I really think it's at least as much the hotside holding back 16G's as it is the compressor.

I'd really like to see some before/after results from getting the hotside CNC'd out to 8cm. I think a 20g would really shine with this done to it.

nice.. i'm also in the market for an hta68 or en evo3 16g.. something with quicker spool and capable of mid-low 11s on e85

I'd really like to see some before/after results from getting the hotside CNC'd out to 8cm. I think a 20g would really shine with this done to it.

You can't just machine a housing out to a larger AR. Porting a turbine housing is only for improving flow through the entry area, and not the actual scroll around where the exhaust gas enters the wheel. If you want an 8cm housing, just buy an 8cm housing.

Another option is the BEP housing for the MHI bolt-on turbos. We ran one awhile back on a TD06H-20G and it worked well. Their housing flows like a ported 8cm but has a more efficient symmetrical teardrop shaped volute.

You can't just machine a housing out to a larger AR. Porting a turbine housing is only for improving flow through the entry area, and not the actual scroll around where the exhaust gas enters the wheel.

I know that, I meant CNC the actual volute, not just a good port job.

If you want an 8cm housing, just buy an 8cm housing.

And where can you find one of these for an MHI turbo? I've looked before and the closest thing I could find was the starion turbo's, which have turbine housings we can't easily use.

I've been busy, will try to answer a couple questions.

Pulls were done on a dynojet. I'm not sure why boost only got up to 26psi and tapered to 23. I think I have something wrong with the car, perhaps a boost leak or a manifold leak. I think the turbo has much more in it, the torque wasn't even that high and even with boost falling off up top the torque stayed on. A normal 16g hits hard and dies out above 6000rpm, this thing was still trucking till 7500rpm's. Also I didn't want to push the tune too hard as the engine is a used one I took out of a parts car and found out it has top line pistons in in when I was throwing new bearings in it.

EMS - Evo ecu
Engine - 6 bolt bottom end, BSE, 20 over??? top line pistons, FP2 cams, stock intake manifold, NT throttle body
Fuel - E85

It'll make the same power on pump gas, it is not octane limited. I'm pretty sure with a little tweaking 450-460 whp should be no problem. If I had a built motor, more compression, better intake manifold, 480 plus and approaching 500whp. I need compression to use the E85 at this low boost.

Also I think the best way to describe the turbo is it spools quicker than the PTE SCM5031E that I used to run (bolt on 50 trim). It has almost the same top end flow. Overall I think a 50 trim car would run about the same as one with this turbo. Also what is super nice is that the STOCK cooling fan of course bolts on with no modifications whatsoever. That means that I can climb a 3.5 mile incline at 80mph in 95 deg F weather, something I was unable to do with twin spal fans before. Coolant temps never went above 200 deg F and the stock temp needle never budged from slightly to the left of center.

Last edited:
Thanks Danl for posting your results...this is exactly what I wanted to hear :)

I am glad this is useful to someone.

Honestly this turbo has much more in it for those who want to run one. Just get good supporting mods like you would a PTE 50 trim and it will run. I am not pushing it as hard as I would like as I don't have time with the car like I used to in the past. This is an EASY mid 11 second turbo on pump gas in my opinion, both FWD and AWD. FWD's will probably do 11.80-11.90 on pump gas at low 120mph and AWD's will do 11.50-11.60 at low 120mph on pump gas. With race gas/E85 and a good healthy motor you should easily see bottom 11's. More experienced owners will see 10's with relative ease and 130 mph traps.

Again, something is wrong with my car, the torque is really low and it just isn't responding very well. It was the same way when I had a 14b on last fall with this motor, it just wasn't running very well at all.

I hope you figure out why you're boost is dropping off. That seams to be why you're not making the power you think it could. A 16g falls off like that in boost. It has the same hotside.

I think the block has been shaved to hell and back and has knocked my cams out of phase. This motor has never been quite *right*. The 14b last fall went 114mph, which is 8mph slower than what I am used to. Whatever the case I'm not going to spend the time to fix it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back