The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Colorado springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monster4g63tawd

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 1, 2010
Fruita, Colorado
just wondering if there is anyone that knows if they have any meets here in the springs. i just moved back here to the springs and my dsm is down for the time beeing but id like to go and meet some ppl at some meets around here or something, just gettin old not doin shit.

just wondering if there is anyone that knows if they have any meets here in the springs. i just moved back here to the springs and my dsm is down for the time beeing but id like to go and meet some ppl at some meets around here or something, just gettin old not doin shit.

I feel your pain. I know some meets go on up by Briargate mall once in a while, but I've been out of the scene since my last DSM was taken from me and now can't get my current one to run, so I'm not sure when meets go on and such.
:hmm:

whats up with your dsm? im in the middle of a swap on mine so it will be out for a while kuz i just lost my job but id like to meet some ppl before i finish my swap

What swap are you doing to yours? The tard I bought mine from (or even the owner prior to him) did a 6-bolt swap and I wasn't told about it when I bought it. So it wouldn't start under it's own power unless it was a push start. So I ended up fixing that problem and got to drive it for a whole 88.2 miles and then started having power issues. So I replaced a few more things and then it wouldn't start again. Then I found out it was a 6-bolt engine with a hacked '90 CAS and mutilated wire harness. Then I replaced the harness and got a new CAS and redid wiring for it and still nothing. So now I got it up on craig's list so if it sells, great, I'll buy one that runs, or if it doesn't sell, I'm still always trying to get it running. Gotta love DSMs, wouldn't be a DSM if it were easy to work on.

I've been trying to meet more DSM people too, none of my tuner friends have respect for DSMs. Don't even know others who have them.

im in the middle of the 6bolt swap but i might just throw new bearings in it and cruize it till it lockes up again, i just want to drive it again. i think i was the one that sold you your harness actuailly.

Once I throw my starter in I will be good to go

im in the middle of the 6bolt swap but i might just throw new bearings in it and cruize it till it lockes up again, i just want to drive it again. i think i was the one that sold you your harness actuailly.

Sweet, red s10 right? I want to drive mine and pisses me off every time I see one on the road knowing I can't drive mine.

Just did a compression test on my car and it's severely low so this weekend I'm checking my piston rings and valves. Finally feel like I know the problem.
:cool::hellyeah:

Last edited:
yeah is that the pickup version of the cyclone? sweet man if you need any help let me know man im alwayse down to help out

Awesome. I might actually be pulling the engine and tranx out this weekend if my seal test shows the my piston rings are bad. If so, I'm gonna start preping for a stroker kit and block boring. Help is more than welcomed. (And yeah that was the truck). The harness went in pretty quick too btw. Definately a much cleaner look than the original.

monster..
Did you have to remove the piping that goes into the throttle body to get at it?

most of whats going to be in your way is your wiring harness. i just dissconnected everything that was holding it there and moved it to the side then you do have to get the bottom bolt from the bottom side. you can pull the starter through the top though and drop the new one through the top. the only reason i did it this way is because i didnt want to take the exhaust off. i had to have a friend of mine hold the socket on the bottom bolt from the top while wrenching on it from underneath.

and yes i do believe i had the piping off

Last edited:
Monster I sent you a PM... don't know if it went through though... hit me up when you get a chance.

i hope to have my car together sometime so i can meet some ppl and set up a cruise and grill maybe up pikes peak i havnt got to check out pikes peak yet but it seems like it would be fun to drive

Pikes Peak is tight.... I think it costs like $10 a person to get up there... and after like 3/4 the way its gravel

sweet. i love dirt roads, sucks for the paint but its fun as hell. i have alot of work to do on my car though and i lost my job before i could finish my build so i gotta find me a job. i still need to get machine work done on my new block and head then buy gaskets and bearings and my motor is done then still gotta get dsmlink but thats mainly it

Awesome. I might actually be pulling the engine and tranx out this weekend if my seal test shows the my piston rings are bad. If so, I'm gonna start preping for a stroker kit and block boring. Help is more than welcomed. (And yeah that was the truck). The harness went in pretty quick too btw. Definately a much cleaner look than the original.

thats good to hear that it worked out for you atleast someone got some use out of it. if you need some help just let me know. you should still have my number if not just pm me when you figure out what your gonna be doing

There is a meet every Saturday night at Shell Gas Station off Academy and I25. Also there is a meet every sunday night up here in Denver off I25 and Colorado at the 24hr starbucks. Some people come from the springs every sunday to go to this one because it's a decent turn out and a cruise after. Niether meets are strictly DSM only.

Nice I might hit that up this week or next.. what time do they usually head up there at?
Project - nice setup.. did you do the battery relocation yourself?

Nice I might hit that up this week or next.. what time do they usually head up there at?
Project - nice setup.. did you do the battery relocation yourself?

I'm not sure what time people go to the meet in the springs off academy because I haven't been in awhile but I used to go at 10pm and stay until like 1am. The Denver meet is usually 9pm-12am-ish depending on when everyone leaves to go cruise then they usually go back to that spot.

They battery relocation I did back in 2007 how ever im looking to pick up a new battery box since hey won't let me run this plastic one at Bandimere.

I've been looking to do a relocation. Would you be interested in doing the install? Would definetly compensate.

The meets are fun and have good turn outs as long as its not freezing balls out and the roads are not full of dirt from snow I went last winter all the time but have not made it out this winter at all. My brother has though and he said it was a good turn out.

I'll be moving out that way for a job somewhere around August, I'll have to hit ya'll up and see what kind of scene you're running :thumb:

I know people think there is nothing in Pueblo,( which there mostly right) but if theres a meet up in the springs I'll go up there and another 2gb too thats worth checking out as soon as we finish up the wiring and the tune for it very soon :hellyeah:!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back