The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Who else is tired of their DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92awddsm

DSM Wiseman
Jan 17, 2004
Chesterfield, Virginia
I have gotten to the point where I tired of my dsm. It just isnt much fun to me anymore. I never drive it now that my wife and I had our new son. I have decided to get rid of it and get either another lt1 f body or a 4.6 stang. Im not worried about having a fast car right now, just something to hop in and cruise around peacefully in. I prefer to have another z-28 or t/a with t-tops and a 6 spd but another mustang would work also since I have owned 7 previous to the dsm. Does anyone ever feel the same way or am I just getting old?

The unfortunate part is that I know I am going to take a big loss on it but at the same time, someone else could enjoy it since I dont. I have realized, its not about the money anymore, its all about being happy and enjoying what you have. And yes, I already know I will come back to a dsm, the only difference is it will be a 97-98 tsi awd next time:sneaky:

I feel ya i got sick of my 2G, and with dealing with the dealerships, fact is these 2G's no matter how much you do maintence and fuild changes they will just flat out break. And now i find AWD just makes racing to easy, my next car is going to be something great, a 2005 GTO or a 2004+ G35, and i will still have my new junker 1G as a project, but this 2G has just got to go.

Sounds like you need a minivan, LOL. No I think you might be tired of it cause its not as flashy as an f-body or mustang. Personally I would rather have a minivan. In fact, it would be a 89 Voyager 2.4T if I had to choose. Whatever floats your boat. I would consider something newer and sporty, but stay away from the obnoxious f-body's and mustangs. Just wait on the new Challenger!

mopardwh said:
Sounds like you need a minivan, LOL. No I think you might be tired of it cause its not as flashy as an f-body or mustang. Personally I would rather have a minivan. In fact, it would be a 89 Voyager 2.4T if I had to choose. Whatever floats your boat. I would consider something newer and sporty, but stay away from the obnoxious f-body's and mustangs. Just wait on the new Challenger!

I dont need a minivan, I already have a 03 grand prix gt and an 04 jeep grand cherokee. I am leaning towards the fbody or stang because I have owned both. I dont like the chargers or challengers and would never own one even if it was given to me. This isnt a question of what I should get or even a debate. This was just more of a "who feels like me" post.

92awddsm said:
I have realized, its not about the money anymore, its all about being happy and enjoying what you have.

We should all be as fortunate

I have wished I had a RWD car that was more flashy plenty of times... but thats why you KEEP the dsm and buy the latter later on.

Which is what im going to do.

I've often gotten tired of the fact that my car is slow as crap, so man would it be fun to me to own a 12 second car, not to mention i'm still young and could enjoy it

Edit: its a shame I can't afford 8k, maybe my brother wouldn't noticed if i traded away is 00 Fbody, LOL

cb3016 said:
fact is these 2G's no matter how much you do maintence and fuild changes they will just flat out break. .

Not to argue, But I'm sorry to say that you are very wrong. Maybe YOUR DSM has broke numerous times, But I NEVER had a serious problem with a dsm breaking... I've owned 8 and don't have any plan on stopping..

This hear-say has been spread for such a long time, And now everyone that hears about a dsm says... They are unreliable, Junk, shit, etc etc etc.. This is how the whole rumor got started. There is a reason why your car would be unreliable.

I am not arguing, So you do not need to come back with some crazy comment. I am just posting facts.

EclpzLvr97 said:
What about the team, Keith? I will always think you shoulda kept that car.... :cry:

Like I stated, Im not out, Ill just be taking a break. You know that I want a 2gb talon and it will be hard to get as long as I have my 1g. Once it is gone, I would be more likely to get what I want. And I have a differnt route I want to take also. That would require a complete rebuild of my current dsm and it still wouldnt come out the way I want it. Dont worry, Im not giving up the team. Im still going to be here.

1993eclipseGS said:
Not to argue, But I'm sorry to say that you are very wrong. Maybe YOUR DSM has broke numerous times, But I NEVER had a serious problem with a dsm breaking... I've owned 8 and don't have any plan on stopping..

This hear-say has been spread for such a long time, And now everyone that hears about a dsm says... They are unreliable, Junk, shit, etc etc etc.. This is how the whole rumor got started. There is a reason why your car would be unreliable.

I am not arguing, So you do not need to come back with some crazy comment. I am just posting facts.

From personal experience, none of them are junk or unreliable. They are just old and parts wear out on old cars. Mine is reliable and 14yrs old but almost everything has been replaced. Those that say they are junk or unreliable just havent followed the maitenence on them or they expect their 100k mile car to work as flawlessly as a new car. Spend some money and replace all the consumable parts and you will find that the dsm is as reliable as any other new car you get. And keep it stock because we all know that when you start to increase the power of any car, parts break due to the fact that they were never designed for the power they "can" make, only the power they were produced with.

I got tired of the small things that needed to be fixed. I love my GSX but it's at the stage now where it's not really practical to drive daily. So now my GSX stays parked at home and I drive my 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner as my daily. It's a nice truck to drive while I overhaul the GSX:thumb:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i felt like you did. basically just fed up with 400hp and it all being wasted through 1 wheel until 4th gear.

i got a 02 GT, now being painted pepper grey with black stripes(GT500E style). i love the car, not much done but little bolt ons, gonna do gears in a bit here(4.1's), but thats about it. i love the torquey feel driving it around, getting all squirrely around corners and whatnot. but i still miss my GST Spyder, especially when i just drove my buddies who has just about the same mods now as i did before i sold it, and it brought back alot of memories.

after the stang looks good and has mid 13 second slips, ill either be getting another dsm, or a bike(fzr600).

I've pretty much got bored with going fast. I've had a 20g and 650s sitting in my garage for about 5 months now and just don't have the motivation to put them on. Never thought it'd happen but I just have other stuff going on right now that I really don't care anymore. The 14b at 17lbs and E85 gets me where I need to go fast enough. Hell in the last 6 months I've spent more on my mountain bike then my car.

im getting bored myself. to many little things here and there for me right now. thinking about buying my ex-girlfreinds 95 mustang gt 5spd. i love dsm's but just dont have the time right now whille im in school.

screw you ####ie's a nice dsm is sexy nice and fast and if your whineing about it you dont deserve it.. you wanna do something buy a insight and start wearing flip flops you damn hippie's

DSM > ALL

jott5555 said:
screw you ####ie's a nice dsm is sexy nice and fast and if your whineing about it you dont deserve it.. you wanna do something buy a insight and start wearing flip flops you damn hippie's

DSM > ALL

x2. I mean, come on, we should all drive DSM's until the day we die! Hell, get buried in it! What's the point of owning any other car, when they're all slow ugly piles?

Cut it out you ####ing think-outside-the-box'ers!

Who else is tired of their DSM?

Not in a million years. The day I get tired of my car is the day I die, or it dies, or both. Actually even then I still won't be tired of my car ROFL

1993eclipseGS said:
But I NEVER had a serious problem with a dsm breaking...

I find that statement ironic while looking at your avatar..

Coup D E'Tat said:
x2. I mean, come on, we should all drive DSM's until the day we die! Hell, get buried in it! What's the point of owning any other car, when they're all slow ugly piles?

Cut it out you ####ing think-outside-the-box'ers!

3rd!!! I am I guess a true tuner. There is no replacement for pure speed. If you want reliability for those pansies that complained, 92awddsm made a valid point by saying it is no longer a new car and is not any less reliable than any other car if the maintenance and the parts are changed.

If you are sick of your cars sell them. But please sell them to some ricers who crash them or blow them up. We need to inflate our car prices :sneaky: .

4G63 until the day I die. There is no other engine in the world that has done as much as the 4G63. And I have the data to back it up. The 4G63 is the most dominant engine in world racing history. That is the pride I walk with. For all you other pansies you should go buy a sh*t box.

And 92awddsm its understandable because you got a kid now and I wish you the best of luck. To all else without that reason go rot in hell!! :rocks:

to many memories in my car to sell it, and ever since I was 16 I have wanted a built up bad ass DSM.. so even now it's not as big of a deal to me as it was back then, I feel the need to do it anyway cause well I just gota get what I want LOL

OMG dont ever say the dsm is reliable, its only as reliable as you make it. I am sorry that you take shitty care of your car. MY car hs never broke down on me or left me on the side of the road, (or even scared) me that I would. Only time it is ever down is when I am putting on upgrades. ITs going on 3 years now that none of my dsms have had a single problem.

Too many people wait for that "funny noise" to turn into a "oh shit whats that noise"

Oh and if your tired of the 1g, ill come pick it up! LOL. Oh and to that guy with the 20g, if your really bored then you can give it to me.

It's kinda odd, I'm definately going through the same thing right now. I do love my car, and it's my 4th DSM, but it's just not practical enough for me. I can't afford 2 cars, and really don't have the time/energy/money to build it up the way that I want it. Besides that fact, cars are basically just money pits to me anymore...you spend $10,000 in parts on one, only to sell them with the car for $6,000 or so. It's too much of a loss to take, especially if your finished product isn't where you wanted to be in the first place.

I personally don't think that 92awddsm, myself, or any other person in agreement in this thread should, as EvolvingGST said,
go buy a sh*t box.
or even
go rot in hell!!
No one here really argues the fact that the 4g63 is something to be admired for its sheer potential as a motor, but there are so many other things that go into building a car, that sometimes you just want to go out to something nice...with no driveability issues...with a warranty...and get in it, start it, turn on the A/C in the summer, and not worry about ANYTHING. You're sacrificing a lot of the fun, but it's to each his own.

I am personally moving on from DSM's as well, until I can afford to put a motor together, clean up a shell, and have some fun with something that I can say I personally built myself, from the ground up.

We're a unique community. Nothing like the crazy Subaru people, or the ridiculously infatuated-with-their-own-car VW owners. Honda/Toyota/Nissan people are just all on their own with JDM hotness. But we have rust buckets, piles of shit with free mods...running 12's. We have F&F kitted out cars embarrassing us everywhere we go...I know I'm not the only one that passes a 2g with a huge Bomex kit and says, "Good God, what happened to you!?" And that's just who we are. You can take the person out of the DSM, but you'll NEVER take the DSM out of the person.

You know, one day there won't BE any more DSM's around...then what are you going to drive? :D

i got tired of mine about a year ago and sold it. I miss it :(. I remember driving my corolla and pushing the gas expecting instant power and there wasn't any. As soon as i graduate GMU i'll be back into the scene heavily. MY main thought has been towards a 1g, evo or a turbo M3.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back