The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Turbo Oil Leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cammus

Probationary Member
Aug 8, 2010
Reynosa, Central_America
Well I noticed that my turbo is leaking oil :aha:

Where can I check the oil level or what can I do? :hmm:

btw im new in DSM world, I just bought this Eclipse haha :(

So I dont know a lot bout this :coy:

There are only a couple places it'll be possible for it to leak oil outside of a cracked CHRA.

1. The oil inlet is leaking (on the top)
2. The oil drain is leaking (on bottom)

Where is it leaking from? Also to add, turbochargers do not have their own seperate oil supply unlike some makes of superchargers. It's all coming from the oil that you pour in at the oil fill on top of the valve cover.

Well I noticed that my turbo is leaking oil :aha:

Where can I check the oil level or what can I do? :hmm:

btw im new in DSM world, I just bought this Eclipse haha :(

So I dont know a lot bout this :coy:

It can also be leaking from the oil return line into the pan. That tube is know to crack. Should be easy to see.

There are only a couple places it'll be possible for it to leak oil outside of a cracked CHRA.

1. The oil inlet is leaking (on the top)
2. The oil drain is leaking (on bottom)

Where is it leaking from? Also to add, turbochargers do not have their own seperate oil supply unlike some makes of superchargers. It's all coming from the oil that you pour in at the oil fill on top of the valve cover.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well I saw the oil leak under the Turbo...maybe a hose? :hmm:

It can also be leaking from the oil return line into the pan. That tube is know to crack. Should be easy to see.

I think that's it :confused:

ttt...

Just a question, what car is that listed above?

Your turbo is backwards if that's a 4g63 Eclipse GSX. It looks to be a 420a motor personally. Can you get a full bay shot?

Just a question, what car is that listed above?

Your turbo is backwards if that's a 4g63 Eclipse GSX. It looks to be a 420a motor personally. Can you get a full bay shot?

It's a Eclipse RS with a Turbo, I bought it like that.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

yup! common 420A turbo setup issues. Its most likely just a line to the turbo. Because there is modification needed to run oil lines in a 420A sometimes the bending, and clamps used cause a slip or cracking. Check all the lines and where they run to and see where the oil is leaking from. in a 4g63 the turbo placement is great for the oil lines, but even they leak after a while and many of us replace all of our oil lines with SS which is nice and seems to be easier to diagnose since the lines do not blend with the rest of the car. I am thinking a return line is where your leak is coming from, but like I said just check all the lines for leaks, cracks, and bad clamps/hose

Please change your profile information to reflect your actual car :)

It just seems like a leaking connection at the hose.

yup! common 420A turbo setup issues. Its most likely just a line to the turbo. Because there is modification needed to run oil lines in a 420A sometimes the bending, and clamps used cause a slip or cracking. Check all the lines and where they run to and see where the oil is leaking from. in a 4g63 the turbo placement is great for the oil lines, but even they leak after a while and many of us replace all of our oil lines with SS which is nice and seems to be easier to diagnose since the lines do not blend with the rest of the car. I am thinking a return line is where your leak is coming from, but like I said just check all the lines for leaks, cracks, and bad clamps/hose

Thnx...Ill check every single line :D

Please change your profile information to reflect your actual car :)

It just seems like a leaking connection at the hose.

My ACTUAL car is a Eclipse GSX 98 (stock) and its sleeping in the garage till new advice. :rolleyes:

My DD is this Eclipse RS Turbo ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back