The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Throttle cable? Did cruise control delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdtalon4451

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2007
Ocean springs, Mississippi
I had to delete my cruise control in order to install my FMIC. I know im suppose to get the non cruise cable but is there a way i can make the current cable work for the time being? I'm short on funds at the moment.

So i think I've figured out how to use the original cable without changing it out.
I took the cruise cable originally ran to the TB and used a grinder to cut the bracket off like so.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The original cable that runs to the pedal is a perfect fit for the bracket i cut off the cruise cable. Im going to seat it into the bracket with super glue and a metal expoxy. Herez what it looks like as of now.

I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with the extra slack. Can i bend the metal sleeve that encloses the cable back toward the passenger side without binding up the cable?

That's exactly how I did mine. Cut the bracket off the original cable going to the tb. Figure Out where you need the bracket on the cable coming from the pedal. Clamp the bracket on and it's worked perfectly!

It worked out great besides the extra ft of cable, not much you can do with it without buying a non cruise cable. ill post some pics of how i fastened to the intake mani when i get home.

hyundai cables from the early to mid 90's. like a old elantra. these suckers are exact hook up ball as the the factory cable where it hooks into the foot pedal. the other end where it bolts down to intake manni is also the same. a old junk yard hyundai cable dont cost more than 5-10 bucks and they look great. ive done this trick twice now

hyundai cables from the early to mid 90's. like a old elantra. these suckers are exact hook up ball as the the factory cable where it hooks into the foot pedal. the other end where it bolts down to intake manni is also the same. a old junk yard hyundai cable dont cost more than 5-10 bucks and they look great. ive done this trick twice now

That is good to know i will start searching local pull it places instead of paying 50.00 for new one thanks for information

That is good to know i will start searching local pull it places instead of paying 50.00 for new one thanks for information

Instead of searching for a non cruise cable from another car why dont you search for a cable you need on here and at the junkyard, your more likely to find one cheap, ive seen loads in the last fewmonths, also put up a WTB for one as if you dont try you wont get anywhere,

I just fabed a conduit tie to fasten it to the intake mani. It worked out good because i can still tighten or loosen the throttle cable slack

Instead of searching for a non cruise cable from another car why dont you search for a cable you need on here and at the junkyard, your more likely to find one cheap, ive seen loads in the last fewmonths, also put up a WTB for one as if you dont try you wont get anywhere,

I am not sure if you are familiar with a ( pull it place ) is a junk yard and I have put up a wtb and offers for ones at new prices so i will be on look out at junk yard

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back