The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Side to side shifter play - Looking for part numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PieEyedPiper

DSM Wiseman
Nov 13, 2004
North Bay Area, California
My shifter has considerable side to side play due to a worn pivot and cup in the shifter assembly.
I've provided a small diagram with an area circled where the pivot and cup are located - but they are not fully illustrated.

I've looked through a few catalogs but I've yet to find any part numbers for these. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can provide some part numbers that would be just grand.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Pivot cup.jpg
    Pivot cup.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 784
Which parts do you need part numbers for?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
my B&M shifter pivot broke yesterday so im assuming if i get the part number on that chart I could order just that from somewhere or could i get a replacement at a hardware store or something?

Old post. But can you still buy the spring from the factory? I'm looking to rebuild all parts that wear out. Any reccomendations other than the cup and spring?

ALL of the plastic bushings that the shifter has or had on it at its pivot points (2 long bolts with bushing at both ends). My 90 were all just dust at the shifter side of things. I think they are 8 bucks a piece at JNZ and you need 6. Your shifter to floor bushing are prone to wear also, as these cars are old. JNZ can help out with just about all of them. Might want to check under the hood at the cable ends. They wear out (the ends) also allowing slop/longer throws.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back