The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Side light wiring problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsy0

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2004
Lexington, Massachusetts
My pass side corner light won't go on when I turn my headlights on, but the bulb itself works, since the light goes on and off when I activate the right turn directional. What would cause this problem, where the light itself is getting power (as evidenced by the directional blinker) but not go on when I turn the headlights on?

I could care less about appearance, but I was failed inspection because of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Bringing this thread back from the dead. A friend suggested that it is probably a double-filament bulb, and that the filament that lights the side light is broken while the filament that lights the blinker is still operational. Does anyone know if our cars have double-filament bulbs for the side lights? I'd go check myself but I won't make it back to my garage until next week, if that's the case, I'll just go ahead and grab a new bulb.

Thanks,
Scott

Bringing this thread back from the dead. A friend suggested that it is probably a double-filament bulb, and that the filament that lights the side light is broken while the filament that lights the blinker is still operational. Does anyone know if our cars have double-filament bulbs for the side lights? I'd go check myself but I won't make it back to my garage until next week, if that's the case, I'll just go ahead and grab a new bulb.

Thanks,
Scott

yes, this is a double filament bulb

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back