The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Official Bench Racing Thread (how fast is my car/how much HP can I expect)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
This thread is for all those naive folks who think they can post a list of modifications their car has (or doesn't have) and get an accurate estimate from the community about how fast the car will go down a drag strip or how much power they can expect.

Just FYI, the parts list is only one aspect, the tuning of the car will be the bigger factor, not to mention driver skill for 1/4 mile times. We've seen 14b cars running 11 seconds, and 50-trim cars running 13 seconds. There really is no way to know what your car will run or what type of power it will put down. If you want a good way to gauge it, look in the Members menu and check the DSM 1/4 Mile Times and DSM Dyno Challenge. You can see what those members have for mods and see what they've achieved.

It's pretty much a waste of time to ask these questions, and up to this point we've deleted or locked these types of threads, but if you must ask, reply to this thread and ask. All threads that pop up later will be merged into this thread to keep the rest of the forums clean.

To everyone else, please don't heckle people who post in this thread. Maybe if it stays silent enough they'll realize it's not worth asking vague questions.

I have in my hands a car. How fast can I go in the quarter mile and how much hp will I push at 40 lbs?

Thanks

sweet... thanks... hahahaha
So if you look at my parts list.. you think i could get high 9s in the 1/4 mile if i set my boost at 32psi??
i was thinking low 10s but hoping for high 9's!!
haha

To your question.. im thinking 11 flat if you launch good and dont granny shift!!

sweet... thanks... hahahaha
So if you look at my parts list.. you think i could get high 9s in the 1/4 mile if i set my boost at 32psi??
i was thinking low 10s but hoping for high 9's!!
haha

To your question.. im thinking 11 flat if you launch good and dont granny shift!!

As long as your boost fluid is full then Skater is right....Keep the shifts tight and double clutch and you might see 10's...

Wow...when will this stuff ever end...:pray:

I put red vacuum hoses and red intercooler piping in my Talon and the EGT goes to 1350 when on boost. How much lower would the exhaust temp be if I had used the cooler blue hoses and pipes? Would that have given me more horsepower?

sorry im not Mr. Funny guy.. But we're bench racing here!!

I like blue better anyways so with our with more horsepower the blue hose will cool the motor better!

So, I'll bite for this thread.

I've seen a few cars run 10.9's with a 125mph trap

With a couple more psi, drag radials(only managed a 1.8 on my street tires at my current power level) and a retune(im running less timing than i was running on my talon at 22psi on 93 octane).

How probably in an AWD dsm is it for 125mph to = a 10 second run with lets say a 1.5-1.6' 60foot.
I ran 11.79@123mph spinning in first and shifting slow like I had a stock trans.
Was my first time at the track running this car/setup. Also was only around 40 degrees, cold and damp drack. Would of kept running but driving 4 hours and racing on one tank of E85 was pushing it.
My whole goal with the car is 10's.
I'm debating on just a retune, radials, slight raise in boost to 26-27psi.. or a bigger turbo, better intake manifold, better cams/springs/retainers.

BENCH RACING GO

i want a full Bomex body kit and i want to paint my car F&F Green and some racing stickers

so my question is

How much HP will i get per sticker? does the size of the sticker matter? will neon lights help too?

thanks!

So, I'll bite for this thread.

I've seen a few cars run 10.9's with a 125mph trap

With a couple more psi, drag radials(only managed a 1.8 on my street tires at my current power level) and a retune(im running less timing than i was running on my talon at 22psi on 93 octane).

How probably in an AWD dsm is it for 125mph to = a 10 second run with lets say a 1.5-1.6' 60foot.
I ran 11.79@123mph spinning in first and shifting slow like I had a stock trans.
Was my first time at the track running this car/setup. Also was only around 40 degrees, cold and damp drack. Would of kept running but driving 4 hours and racing on one tank of E85 was pushing it.
My whole goal with the car is 10's.
I'm debating on just a retune, radials, slight raise in boost to 26-27psi.. or a bigger turbo, better intake manifold, better cams/springs/retainers.

BENCH RACING GO

I say 125mph is good for high 10s, work on your 60ft times and get some better tires.

I say keep this thread for the guys that really want to know an estimate not for "how much horses can i get with a flame decal" $hit.

I think you may have missed the point. You can't estimate 1/4 mile times; it's impossible. The only realistic answer to every post on the subject, no matter what the car's setup, is "somewhere between 7 and 20 secs".

So now that we know the answer...why not take up valuable space on Chris's already stressed server with silliness? :D

Oh god I shouldn't have said anything. I apologize to Luda because I think he genuinely wants to create a serious thread.

I think that it should not exist and that we should keep our rules the way they have been.

ROFL Good stuff guys. The blue hoses will not only lower EGT temps, but also engine bay temps as well. You could also try running two intercoolers. LOL

But serioulsy, it's about time this thread gets made to keep this nonsense off the rest of the forums.

I think you may have missed the point. You can't estimate 1/4 mile times; it's impossible. The only realistic answer to every post on the subject, no matter what the car's setup, is "somewhere between 7 and 20 secs".

So now that we know the answer...why not take up valuable space on Chris's already stressed server with silliness? :D

Then tell them that your estimate is 7 to 20secs, i don't think Ludachris made this thread to talk pointless and stupid shit that not even a noob would ask (horsepower per sticker) :ohdamn: its just a bunch of waste forums space.

This is not a serious thread, trust me.

Agreed ^

Chris is just feeling playful today. :)

KidTsi, I see your point, but what do you expect? There are going to be a bunch of smart-ass responses in a thread that is meaningless to begin with; that's just human nature.

If you think there is a serious answer to be found, then post up and just ignore the goofiness. Someone may give you a serious (but useless) answer to a serious (but useless) question. Pretty soon this initial silliness will fade, and then the thread will be full of nothing but the serious silliness. :D

Whadaya mean? I take my humor very seriously.
Now what I spend on the Talon is funny even if my wife thinks it serious.

How much faster will a DSM go if the owner spends so much money on it that his significant other won't get in the car.

i think he will jsut leave this thread because im sure him and the other mods are sick of closing "how much hp will i make with ect.." thread every day.. i know i see 1 or 2 every day

How much faster will a DSM go if the owner spends so much money on it that his significant other won't get in the car.

General consensus is 0.1 seconds less ET for every 100 lbs dropped.

So depending on the weight of this hypothetical DSM owner's significant other, the performance increase could be significant.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back