The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

new to dsm. help???!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimovar

Probationary Member
Jun 9, 2013
Claymont, Delaware
hey guys, i recently traded my honda civic for a 2g eclipse gs n/t. it's got a bunch of problems and dirty mods done to it, so i'll be on here nearly 24/7 researching and asking questions. anyway, since i don't know where to post stuff, i'm just gonna lay it all out here to start:
>riding donut because of accident(getting new rims and tires tuesday for $150 :D)
>hatch struts don't hold
>no radio/headunit, it's an open loom with loose wires
>radiator fans don't work and the low fan is jerryrigged to the battery and under dash fuse box to make it start, the high fan still doesn't start
>loose wires in engine bay that should be attached to something aren't
>center console is cracked
>under hood fusebox is missing mounting pins for cooling fan relay and top fuse
>power steering doesn't work
>CEL came on, but autozone's check thing wouldn't even pick up a signal
>odometer reading is exempt from title for some reason, so there was either a motor or dash swap at some point and they failed to record it
>moonroof has no upholstry
>crappy black cloth headliner is falling
>passenger airbag cover is peeling up
>no front bumper reinforcement
>license plate lights were ripped out
>trunk leaks in rain
>so many misc open ugly wires in engine bay it's not even funny
>previous owner was a sloppy smoker so there are burn marks in every seat but the driver's
>wired for an aftermarket amp and subs, but there's no aftermarket amp or subs
>bumpers and side skirts don't match the car

as for the good, the stage 2 clutch and short shifter work great. the pickup is better than my civic :p

my main priorities for inspection right now are
>new rims/tires
>loose wires in engine bay
>CEL

i'm pretty good with working on things myself, and can tackle pretty much anything but welding, so unless it's a super special job, i can get it done
i will be able to provide pics if anybody is willing or able to help

thanks!

A lot of people like to use RockAuto here, so I imagine you could get the hatch struts from there for a nice price.

As for the fans, I know two of my friends with Honda's actually wired their fans up to a switch that allowed them to run while the cars off. Both cases it wasn't really jerry-rigged, they did it nicely. Maybe thats what they were trying to do with this, maybe. :p

The airbag, I've looked at ways to fix it, but most of the people here just say get one in better condition, I believe its like 4 bolts.

Power Steering - everythings there right? Pump and lines? Mine didn't work either, had to fill it up with the Dex/Merc Auto Trans Fluid. Pretty sure when I searched Dex III was what everyone said, autozone gave me the dex/merc. Works great now. The process to do this is definitely around here somewhere. They love when you use the search, definitely can find a lot of info that way too. Instead of waiting for an answer. Very big forum with lots of useful info.

You'll be stuck to the newbie forum til 30 posts and 1 month (pretty sure), probably could get more help if you actually posted this in there. Not saying to post another thread, but maybe a moderator could move it?

Definitely want to hit up the loose wires, to me that's the first thing that comes to mind when auto zone's scanner isn't hooking up.

-edit-
Well, you did post in the newbie forum, but you posted under introductions which won't get as much traffic. I just happened to see it under new posts.

and.. I mean technically you are introducing yourself. Go ahead and post some pics introduce your car too, that way people can kinda see you bring it back to life :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back