The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Isc problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onefast2gdsm

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2010
millersburg, Pennsylvania
I am trying to get my buddies 2g running. He swapped in a built 7 bolt longblock with hks 272's. the car will not attempt to idle unless the biss screw is almost all the way turned out. If i screw it all the way in and do a 1 1/4 turn out, i have to hold the gas down and it will start sometimes. Ive tried 3 different iscs with no luck. In ecmlink no matter how i adjust the biss the iscposition is at 100. I checked the ecu and nothing is burnt. Did a boost leak test and nothings leaking. Fuel pressure is 45psi, 660cc injectors, speed density. He is not running an iat sensor so i zeroed out the sdtempweighting table. If i unplug the isc there is no change. I checked spark, fuel, compression, made sure the map sensor is wired correctly, checked ignition timing, checked mechanical timing, and made sure the injectors were dialed in. Anything else i should try before i go ahead and delete the fiav and isc. I dont want to do that but he is at his wits end and wants the car running.

Isc reading 100 sounds dead to me, seeing as how that's what my log showed when mine died. Have you tried to test the isc with a multimeter? Takes all of 1 minute to do and rule out the sensor.

My next move would be to check the wires and pigtail for breakage and maybe clean the connector.

Do you have access to another ECMLink ECU that you could swap in? If the ISC is Ohming out properly but not moving via Link, I would be suspicious of the drivers on the ECU.

Was this ever resolved? We are currently having the exact same issue on my buddies 2g gst with a complete 6 bolt swap. We have tried 2 different ISCs and nothing helped.

If it idles better when it's warmed up I'd check the temperature idle in the throttle body you have to remove the freeze plug carefully and inspect for any clogs and make sure it has some play.

Isc reading 100 sounds dead to me, seeing as how that's what my log showed when mine died. Have you tried to test the isc with a multimeter? Takes all of 1 minute to do and rule out the sensor.

I think its reading that way because it's stuck wide open trying to regulate your idle. I agree with "inthemidst" and would suspect the fiav. Maybe a previous owner already performed the blockoff/bypass?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back