The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Installing a Walbro 450lph in a 1g???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seyzar18

10+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2012
ankeny, Iowa
i have looked around on here for anyone with a 1g that installed a walbro 450lph fuel pump and i haven't been able to find anyone posting about it. I see there's alot of 2gs installing them but i cant find a 1g? Have any of you installed this pump on your 1g? If so do you remember what steps you took to do it?

I think I just cut the bottom of the hanger off so the bottom of the fuel pump could sit flush with the hanger and just used a hose clamp to hold it on.

It's pretty simple, I was going to make a right up for it, took all the pictures and stuff just haven't got around to putting it up. So all you do is cut the ruber mount more than half and bend out the metal line that hooks to the outlet side of the fp so it will sit peralell because the pump is bulky and the wires stick out on the fp, cut the stock fuel pump connector and use the but conectors and splice in the new harness. Let me see if I can post a pic.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

your going to cut the rubber piece less then half and cut it again like this pic, also you will cut out more were the shape is like like this \_/ so the filter will fit on the fp which is not done on this picture.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
what did you do with the clip that comes on it? Did you splice the wires and put them where the stock fuel pump was wired to?

Ok Thanks, I just wasn't sure what to do with the big clip that is on it, the one to plug the pump in. Thanks for the help.

Does cramming the rubber hose into the metal inlet offer a tight enough seal? If so, I like this idea much better than hacking up a stock fuel pump hanger. In doing it the way you did, was it necessary to trim the plastic outlet on the fuel pump?

Does cramming the rubber hose into the metal inlet offer a tight enough seal? If so, I like this idea much better than hacking up a stock fuel pump hanger. In doing it the way you did, was it necessary to trim the plastic outlet on the fuel pump?

I'm curious to this as well. How did that end up sealing for you? I'm guessing/hoping good since you didn't come back in and say otherwise. I installed my 450 in the hanger yesterday and used this method. It certainly took a some muscle to get the pump into the hard line with the rubber fuel line method. More muscle than the o ring that was sealing my 255 just fine so I almost don't see how it won't seal but just wanted to double check. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back