The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

how to remove ecu?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race94

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2003
Puerto_Rico
I am going to send the ecu to install dsmlink, can anyone help me on how to step by step remove the ecu, location, steps to take prior to, etc.

Thanks

You got to take off both plastic pieces on the sides of the center console. Then you'll see the exposed ECU. There are three bolts holding it on that are pretty damn hard to get to IMO. Just look around with a flashlight and you'll see the 3 that you have to take off. To get the wire harnesses off you have to push down on one side and wiggle it out.

Yea, its not that bad to get to. Make sure your battery is disconnected before you start. The ECU is located in the center of your dashboard, basically right behind the back of your stereo. All the wires you need to pull off are on the driver's side. There are 4 big wire connectors. Once you get those off, there are like 4 bolts holding the ECU to the dash frame. Get those off and open up your ECU to make sure it is an EPROM. If its not, then you need to get an EPROM ECU before you get DSMLink installed.

If my car is a 95 eclipse is it eprom? how do you mean open it up to check if it's eprom?

once you get it out there are four little screws on the corners od the ecu. take them out and get the cover off. there is a chip in one of the corners and it will have a number on it. if you have the chip then its an eprom if it doesnot then sorry. i had to buy one. most 95's have them tho. good luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back