The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Help Choosing Coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You won't find anything for that not even used I bet. I'm rocking the yonaka motorsports coilovers have had them on for about a year. I love the ride no issues whatsoever. Picked mine up for around $600 was well worth it. But there prices have gone up and I got a sick deal. Best advise save up for a good set or else you will hate you ride.

Even Megans are $700+ last I looked, you need to save more.

Even Megans are $700+ last I looked, you need to save more.

I think for that amount of money your best bet would be finding a used set at a junkyard

You could pick up a good set of lowering springs like for that kind of money.

Tokicos probably good only down fall is your stuck with whatever height they make your car. Megans a good company I have some parts from them and no complaints. I love my coilovers easy to adjust great ride and best part I decided what height my ride is. Oh and if you lower you better get or make a camber kit for the rear and possible the front. Depending on how low you go and then get a alignment. If not say good by to your tires quick.

Tokicos probably good only down fall is your stuck with whatever height they make your car. Megans a good company I have some parts from them and no complaints. I love my coilovers easy to adjust great ride and best part I decided what height my ride is. Oh and if you lower you better get or make a camber kit for the rear and possible the front. Depending on how low you go and then get a alignment. If not say good by to your tires quick.

Go to google. Search ground control. Go on there site and enter yor car model.

Mine is lowered on tokico struts, iebach springs and ground control sleeve.

Lifetime warenty

Wasn't saying lower springs and struts where bad. I would have went that way to, but I live on a island and needed more of a choice. I just wasn't sure how low I really wanted to go. I'm glad I got the yonakas great price lifetime warranty perfectly matched struts and springs. And got it lowered just right and for track days I can jack the rear back up I'm fwd helps alot.

I personnally want to run kyb agx's with h&r autocross springs. Eventually roadrace engineering sway bars and strut braces and such

Thread moved.

Please stay on topic, guys. The OP only asked about good coilover brands around his budget, however unreasonable that may be. Either directly address his question or don't post. I'll start dispensing warnings for off-topic or disruptive comments soon.

US Auto Parts - Catalogs - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Lowering Kit

has anybody ever heard of thatbrand and are they any good i seen a pair of megan racing springs and struts for 500 but it was on ebay is megan racing any good

Tokico Illuminas IMO are very good. I'm running Tokico Illumina struts and Tein S-Tech springs on my car and never any issues. I was able to get my Teins off of an ebay seller for $399 and I searched endlessly for coilovers and just ended up getting my lowering springs because of the cost. My advice is get some lowering springs from either kyb, tein, tokico, etc. and then save up for the coilovers. Coilvers are pretty costly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back