The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Good Exhaust for a Dialy Driver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-GSX-Falcon

20+ Year Contributor
May 11, 2003
Fargo, North_Dakota
I have searched on this subject and seen LOTS of differing opinions. Alot of them have to do with the persons goals for times. I have a 92 GSX auto as my daily driver. Im not looking to upgrade too much, maybe to a 14b in the distant future. Plus what i have now, which are just cheap mods. Im looking for a system that will give me good spool up but not be too loud, yet can be heard. Again this will not be a racer...just bring it to a track now and then for some fun. Im looking at the Buschur 2.5" for a few reasons.

1) It can bolt on to my stock cat

2) It looks nice

3) Is said to be fairly quiet

4) Fairly cheap

Is my reasoning sound or should i look for something else?

If you are looking for something cheap, you might want to consider a pacesetter catback. They arent the best thing on the earth, but they only cost like $200 and they sound really nice. I had one on my car when I bought it, and I thought I would hate it and not be able to wait to get it off the car, but I've come to kind of like it. The Buschur is a BIG step up from this, but if you are just looking for something that isn't too loud and your not going to be racing then you might wanna check these out.

Muffler shop or your own from mandrel bend pipe coupled with atleast one resonator and a magnaflow or dynomax muffler!

Check out www.rnrracing.com and look at their cat-back systems. A standard 2.5" cat back is only 270 and it's 320 with a SS muffler. I have their 2.5" turbo-back with a high-flow cat. and the SS muffler and it cost me 650 shipped. I had a local shop put a tip on it , but I did it more for show than anything else.

As far as sound, I get a nice deep rumble while I'm idling and it's pretty quiet at highway speeds. The only time it gets a little loud is when I jump on it and even then the exhaust note stays deep. The best part is when I go to the parking garage and go through at 2K and set off car alarms.

i always recommend thermal

Do you guys know any good Canadian websites for aftermarket parts for a 1g dsm non-turbo???

like me i wanted to look near stock but have sig horse power gain so i got an HKS turbo exhaust

Originally posted by jbillakdsm
Check out www.rnrracing.com and look at their cat-back systems. A standard 2.5" cat back is only 270 and it's 320 with a SS muffler. I have their 2.5" turbo-back with a high-flow cat. and the SS muffler and it cost me 650 shipped. I had a local shop put a tip on it , but I did it more for show than anything else.

As far as sound, I get a nice deep rumble while I'm idling and it's pretty quiet at highway speeds. The only time it gets a little loud is when I jump on it and even then the exhaust note stays deep. The best part is when I go to the parking garage and go through at 2K and set off car alarms.

i was looking into getting one of those too. whats the difference between having the SS muffler and not? also, you have any pics of it?

Originally posted by -GSX-Falcon
I have searched on this subject and seen LOTS of differing opinions. Alot of them have to do with the persons goals for times. I have a 92 GSX auto as my daily driver. Im not looking to upgrade too much, maybe to a 14b in the distant future. Plus what i have now, which are just cheap mods. Im looking for a system that will give me good spool up but not be too loud, yet can be heard. Again this will not be a racer...just bring it to a track now and then for some fun. Im looking at the Buschur 2.5" for a few reasons.

1) It can bolt on to my stock cat

2) It looks nice

3) Is said to be fairly quiet

4) Fairly cheap

Is my reasoning sound or should i look for something else?

the thermal system is exactly all of that. super quiet deep and will bolt to the stock cat, and its polished.

Originally posted by MNGSX
Muffler shop or your own from mandrel bend pipe coupled with atleast one resonator and a magnaflow or dynomax muffler!

roughly how much would this cost

Originally posted by cfusionpm

i was looking into getting one of those too. whats the difference between having the SS muffler and not? also, you have any pics of it?

the SS muffler is a straight through design, the normal muffler is chambered. You want to have straight through.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back