The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

EBAY $675 turbokit installed on a 1G (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I used to have a XS power t04b V-trim.. with a .58 a/r t4 exhaust side..

from 6,000 - 8,000 rpms it held a steady 48 lbs/min airflow on dsm link. and was rather hard to keep in a straight line in thrid gear.

it lasted abut 5,000 miles before it started blowing oil by REALLY bad and I had to take it off.

Is that comment really necessary? Do you know what the purpose of this "trial" is for? Don't make stupid comments like that if you haven't read the thread. :rolleyes: This is for EDUCATIONAL purposes (of course at the owners expense). Most people talk about how eBay kits suck (or dont' suck) and newlogics and his client are here to show us how it is.

I'm glad to hear that a new 60 trim and cast manifold are going on the car. :thumb: What type of 60 trim are you speaking of? is it a PTE or something of the like or another eBay turbo?

I took a peak at it today while I was dropping my car off, honestly, If I didn't know any better, I would say someone flat out forgot to put it on in the first place, LOL.

Big companies like turbonetics and garrett better hope that whatever problems these chinese made turbos have aren't fixed by their manufacturers. If they are fixed, now you'll have a cheap and relaible turbo instead of just cheap, and that will start putting them in the hole big time! THank you for conductinmg this experiment for us to see.

blcknspo0ln said:
Is that comment really necessary? Do you know what the purpose of this "trial" is for? Don't make stupid comments like that if you haven't read the thread. :rolleyes: This is for EDUCATIONAL purposes (of course at the owners expense). Most people talk about how eBay kits suck (or dont' suck) and newlogics and his client are here to show us how it is.

I'm glad to hear that a new 60 trim and cast manifold are going on the car. :thumb: What type of 60 trim are you speaking of? is it a PTE or something of the like or another eBay turbo?

Here's the turbo he bought. I couldn't get much more info on that:
http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/catalog/garrett-t3t4-trim-p-995.html
(.63 ar exhaust)

endlessMyk said:
ROFL ROFL

On a completely OT note, I don't see why everyone is sackriding these welds. The routing/setup is good, looks like a nice concept, but the welds look chunky, like the guy dripped. It's not even pressed around the pipe... I dunno, I mean, I've seen a lot worse... but they're meh.

I won't argue with that, welds do look chunky, but they only look that. A weld shop had a mix-up, and filled our tank with 100% argon instead of argon/CO2 mix, so welder was running too hot for 18 gauge steel, which forced me to use a lot of filler to avoid blowing right through the metal. Every single weld is itact at this point, so there is no reason for concern.

Newlogics said:
Well, here it is.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Owner already has new 60 trim and cast manifold lined up for the car, so I will rip that ebay turbo apart to see if I find more intersting stuff.

Why is he going with a log manifold? Did the other one end up cracking? The reason I ask is because I had this manifold on my previous DSM and it never cracked or anything, just had the same hood clearing issue. do you have pictures of how you fixed the clearance issue? The only reason I have not purchased this manifold again is because i don't want to have the paint fading or something on my hood.

Jesse

tt281gt said:
Why is he going with a log manifold? Did the other one end up cracking? The reason I ask is because I had this manifold on my previous DSM and it never cracked or anything, just had the same hood clearing issue. do you have pictures of how you fixed the clearance issue? The only reason I have not purchased this manifold again is because i don't want to have the paint fading or something on my hood.

Jesse

Manifold didn't crack, he just desided to switch to a cast mani (it's not a log-style manifold by the way, its turbonetics ).
As for the hood clearance, we had to cut some louvers in the hood over the turbo to get some cool air.

I saw it in peices at his shop, but I didn't hear anything about where the nut ended up. everything looked fine except the fact that the nut was missing....

:mad: Hey Newlogics what wrong with you, you can't just end a story in the middle I spent a good amount of time reading this thread and i expected to see what happened to the turbo. Im going to sleep and there better be an update when i wake up or you know what time ie is:beatentodeath:

P.S Please give us an update.

:mad: Hey Newlogics what wrong with you, you can't just end a story in the middle I spent a good amount of time reading this thread and i expected to see what happened to the turbo. Im going to sleep and there better be an update when i wake up or you know what time ie is:beatentodeath:

P.S Please give us an update.

What could possibly happen with the turbo?
It met the trash bin, that's what.

And about the nut, it was never found. It might have fell out when Mason removed intake pipe at some point, but it did not make it into the intake tract.

I know that it ended up there, but i want to know what you found out after giving it an autopsy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back