The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

CXRacing 11 gauge manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonSpeed

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 22, 2002
Little Rock, Arkansas
Anybody ever use the CXRacing 11 gauge manifold with stock mitsubishi flange? I know people have used their cheap $120 unit, which is a DNP knock off.

I have a DNP knock off that is cracked laying in my closet. The ports are too narrow, not centered, metal too thin, and collector cracked.

CXRacing now has a $300 manifold built in china but to their specs, using 11 gauge heavy duty elbows.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Cheap DNP knock off:

That collector still looks like garbage. I wouldn't bother. Rather have an fp cast for cheaper.

Going to have to agree with goodhart on this. I'd be willing to bet it still suffers from warped flanges as well. Even if it's thicker gauge, if the quality of the metal is garbage it's still going to crack. Just go with an FP Cast or pay the money for a quality header from JM Fab, RedJack Racing, etc.

I agree go FP cast and DIY port it . Or Have someone reweld and brace the knock off that you have now. I wouldnt spend money on another copy. Just my .02 plus those welds on the CX look terrible.

I'd bet its on par with the obx manifold, lifetime warranty on that one... I think the obx is even a few bucks cheaper. I've been running mine no problems. As far as I know there are quite a few members with the same experiences on the obx mani that i am having. That is if you want to have the tubular style look.

All those ebay china manifolds are junk. Half the time they dint fit and even when they do, the tig welds look like a 5 year old did them.

Plus I bet the ports are smaller then stock.

For 300.00 give it a try and you can then let the forum know if its good or not. I played around with a couple of cheap manifold I posted a couple of reviews about them. I eventually got tired of playing around and bought a good one and I must say so far I am happy with it. Just my .02!

For 300.00 give it a try and you can then let the forum know if its good or not. I played around with a couple of cheap manifold I posted a couple of reviews about them. I eventually got tired of playing around and bought a good one and I must say so far I am happy with it. Just my .02!

Most people don't have $300 to gamble, especially if they are looking at manifolds on ebay top begin with.

Well, like I said, if its anything like the obx manifold, which has a lifetime warranty as long as you don't weld it yourself or run over it... then he shouldn't have problems. I bought mine used with an estimated 15k on it, assuming he lied lets say 20k. I've had it on for about, 8k right now. I gained just about 300 rpms in spool time. Going from around 3400 to a solid 3100 @ 18psi. Soon it will have a holset hanging off of it and we shall see if it holds up. Either way, 20+k on a $275 manifold, on a dd none the less, is worth its money to me.

If you divided that into the cost of a mani that costs even $900, that's 3 obx manifolds @ 20k miles a pop... do you guarantee the xxx amazing brand for 60k or more? Catch 22 is, when mine cracks it gets sent back for a freebie. Even if they only honor one, that landslides the cost ratio between the two.

Well, like I said, if its anything like the obx manifold, which has a lifetime warranty as long as you don't weld it yourself or run over it... then he shouldn't have problems. I bought mine used with an estimated 15k on it, assuming he lied lets say 20k. I've had it on for about, 8k right now. I gained just about 300 rpms in spool time. Going from around 3400 to a solid 3100 @ 18psi. Soon it will have a holset hanging off of it and we shall see if it holds up. Either way, 20+k on a $275 manifold, on a dd none the less, is worth its money to me.

If you divided that into the cost of a mani that costs even $900, that's 3 obx manifolds @ 20k miles a pop... do you guarantee the xxx amazing brand for 60k or more? Catch 22 is, when mine cracks it gets sent back for a freebie. Even if they only honor one, that landslides the cost ratio between the two.

Some people prefer to spend money on a quality part because not only are they made here in the US, but because there is quite a bit more R&D put into a quality unit than the overseas knockoffs. Next time, check out the transition from the flange into the runners between a $300 manifold and a $900 manifold. Also look at the exhaustive amount of time spent porting and smoothing the collector on a $900 manifold vs the mig wire sticking out of the joints and balls of weld inside a $300 manifold. Expensive parts aren't for everyone, but if it were me and I had a choice between say the CX manifold and a 2g manifold was ported by someone that really knew what they were doing, I would take the 2g manifold all day long.

I can only speak for the godspeed manifold and let me tell you it sucked. The ports were smaller than the stock ports, they didn't line up correctly. Number 1 or 4 runner would hit the stud in the head so it wouldnt go on the whole way. The flanges were warped. Non of the grinding work was smooth and like I said I think a 4 year-old could do a better tig weld.

Now, as for cx racing. I have never used there manifolds but if they are anything like there turbos they are also junk. Im assuming all of this ebay stuff comes from the same factory in china anyway.

The only good ebay products I have that I like are my fake greddy adjustable blow off valve, my front mount and piping set up, and my godspeed 38mm waste gate and foward automotive waste gate 02 housing. Ive never had one issue with that stuff.

Where are you guys seeing top notch tubular manifolds that have a 6cm2 or 7cm2 Mitsu flange?? I cant find any. Post a link.

Most people on this forum swear by the FP manifold, yet I have NEVER seen any dynos comparing them to tubular or even a stock manifold. I did come cross a thread where somebody went from an FP manifold to an EVO3 manifold and lost 7hp. Thats it. I have seen an SR20 with S15 T28 turbo gain 20hp switching from stock cast (their cast looks very similar to FP's manifold) to megan racing tubular. All the gains were up top in the power band useful to drag racing.

Quick Test : Cast vs. Tubular - More Sting or Just More Bling? | DSPORT Magazine #12

I contacted SBR to ask about the results of their cast vs tubular dyno and was told the tubular was worth 5-10% increase in power depending on setup.

Full race has done three comparisons and everytime the tubular made a lot more power.

The DNP manifold and the knock offs have terrible ports. They tend to crack also. OBX has a $250 manifold that they claim is stronger than before and comes with lifetime warranty. But i am not sure on fitment with a HX40 turbo.

That does look like an excellent manifold. At $818 ouch!!!

The way the pipes angle into the collector doesn't look much better than the ebay units though.

I have not used one of these cxracing manifolds but if I was in your boat I would choose the FP all day over one of these. The fp is proven, won't crack, and I could still make money off of it if I chose to upgrade later. I also prefer to stay with a cast manifold on a dd car.

Add $200 and get an ERL?
As for that CX unit, idk. PR sells it right? Thats their "budget" t3 mani. It does look sturdy as hell. Still, i would not risk/gamble with 300 personally. A ported 2g mani will be damn near as good as a FP, btw. You just have to have a compressor, die grinder, and most importantly good,expensive carbide bits.

The labor and cost of the materials to port the 2g may not be worth it when you can find them used for under 200 bucks. Sometimes brand new for that, iirc. The upside of a 2g is you can keep the stock heat shield. No need to get a blanket

Edit: Nvm, missed the DSM flanged part. My bad. Go 2g/fp and be done with it.

I have not used one of these cxracing manifolds but if I was in your boat I would choose the FP all day over one of these. The fp is proven, won't crack, and I could still make money off of it if I chose to upgrade later. I also prefer to stay with a cast manifold on a dd car.

The last two FP manifolds i saw in the classified section both had cracks. So they do crack. I have seen a few oem manifolds crack too. Granted they crack at a rate far far less than the lower end ebay manifolds. FP ports are better too. Merge collector is still garbage design wise.

I plan on ordering the CXracing manifold and test fitting it first and checking out the welds and ports. If it is trash, im sending it back.

I hope for your sake they will take it back. Ive hear story's of them not responding to people trying to return things. I hope it works out for you, let us know write a review.

Some people prefer to spend money on a quality part because not only are they made here in the US, but because there is quite a bit more R&D put into a quality unit than the overseas knockoffs. Next time, check out the transition from the flange into the runners between a $300 manifold and a $900 manifold. Also look at the exhaustive amount of time spent porting and smoothing the collector on a $900 manifold vs the mig wire sticking out of the joints and balls of weld inside a $300 manifold. Expensive parts aren't for everyone, but if it were me and I had a choice between say the CX manifold and a 2g manifold was ported by someone that really knew what they were doing, I would take the 2g manifold all day long.

Actually, obx is made in the US, and its tig welded. Its also got a 7cm flange, porting seemed pretty decent to me, it did improve spool like it said it would, it does hold the turbo like it said it would. Any other justifications to your $900+ purchase vs my $100 classified purchase?

And sure, I've got my ported 2g manifold as well if anything ever happens since this one is used... but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another brand new one, the obx I mean.

Also, just a quick question, have you actually had the obx unit in your hand? Or is this just a generalized opinion with no experience? :thumb:

Just what we need....another DSM bolt-on manifold option. When are companies going to get with the times and build an affordable twin-scroll T3 and T4 manifold?

$300 and still includes the shittiest gaskets money can buy. I'll pass. :|

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back