The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Check out my new electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truwarrior

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2002
Anyone know how much a fully loaded 5 speed 99 gst with standard leather seats weigh and the drag of the car? I think I have to program it into the unit. Takeing bets on how much hp I can make, stock t25 at 16 psi :) Having used it yet but I'll let you guys know if it's any cool.

Also what's the point of monitoring the gforce?

Attachments

• pdc_0106.jpg
    pdc_0106.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 208
Originally posted by truwarrior
Also what's the point of monitoring the gforce?

Because its wicked cool? Or maybe in case you exceed 6-9Gs continuous, you can know to let off the gas before you black out, or realize its time to purchase a G suit?

Brad

It is most likely for suspension tuning. how much weight reduction did that do on your Wallet?

Originally posted by 90DSMTurboFWD
It is most likely for suspension tuning. how much weight reduction did that do on your Wallet?

I don't think you can do much suspension tuning based solely on straight line G forces. I suspect its just a freebie they tossed in there. Its just using an accelerometer, and is able to calculate all the other info from that. So the more ways it has to display the info, the more perceived value it has.

Unless of course you are saying it can display cornering Gs, which requires a second axis on the accelerometer, and would be neat to know.

I'm sticking with the black out warning answer though.

Brad

That must be some hardcore sht if it can get your car fast enough to make you black out

Originally posted by brads
Unless of course you are saying it can display cornering Gs, which requires a second axis on the accelerometer, and would be neat to know.
Brad

Actually the gtechs will read this. Its fun to find a backroad or industrial parking lot and see how high you can get it! :laugh:

You can use the straight line accelerometer for tuning, if it's precise enough.

Originally posted by kpt4321
You can use the straight line accelerometer for tuning, if it's precise enough.

Tuning suspension?

Yeah it can tell you what needs to be stiffened. If in a right hand turn there is more G's then left hand turns, then something is a little off. Or thats the logic atleast Or just general weight distribution, in the front or back, nose dive, or when the front goes up.. Endless possibilities. Its the same concept as 'G-Balls' Haha watched that on Drift Bible

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back