The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car bucking when releasing clutch from a stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onefast2gdsm

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2010
millersburg, Pennsylvania
My car is bucking real bad when trying to get going from a stop. Its doing it real violently and I'm afraid it's going to break something. Brand new clutch, 6 bolt motor. It does it until you can get it to 1000 rpms without stalling. After its past 1000 rpms the car drives awesome.

Maybe your just not used to the new clutch LOL give it more gas and don't slip out the clutch so fast. You might need to adjust the pedal if the problem continues. What clutch did you have and what do you have now?

Mine did this for quite a while during the break in process. Just give it more gas and slip it a little later/slower.

What kind of clutch and pressure plate are you using? Is the hub sprung or solid? If you're using an unsprung hub that will have a lot to do with it.

edit* I just looked at your profile. If you're using a puck style clutch with an unsprung hub like it says you are, along with the light flywheel, that is just the nature of the beast from my experience. You'll just have to get used to it and learn what it likes and doesn't like.

Ah that's the 6 puck LOL lot ofpeople can't get use to them I personally love em!!!!

Any tips on how to properly engage/disengage it from a stop? As soon as I move my foot just a tad, the clutch engages and the car wants to stall. Shifting when moving is like butter.

LOL my car does the same thing I thought I messed something up when I installed my 6 puck because it would engage so shortly and starting bucking everywhere.

You need to find the tender spot and the right amount of rpms so you don't buck and at the same time don't burn the hell out of your clutch.

You need to start having really good control of the small engagement length with the 6 puck and you will get use to it. I installed mine like 7k miles ago and I still buck it at times.

Armin

LOL my car does the same thing I thought I messed something up when I installed my 6 puck because it would engage so shortly and starting bucking everywhere.

You need to find the tender spot and the right amount of rpms so you don't buck and at the same time don't burn the hell out of your clutch.

You need to start having really good control of the small engagement length with the 6 puck and you will get use to it. I installed mine like 7k miles ago and I still buck it at times.

Armin

Thank you for the help. What rpms do you engage it at?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back