The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Best place to buy 420a cylinder head?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TypeONegative

5+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2017
Utica, New_York
Looking to buy a new head for my 420a eclipse and don't know where I should order from, my reason for needing a head is I sold the car March 2016, and bought it back may of 2016, they overheated it and blew the head gasket, the head was warped badly, I used a large board and sandpaper to get rid of the warping, I reused the old head bolts and had oil mixing into my antifreeze, pulled the last head bolt on the passenger side top right and put washers on it, the problem seems to have stopped but because I took the head down so much the timing is off, I timed many of these and never had a head milled, they were always good and the crank arrow kept lining up about a half tooth advanced when cams were alighted tried over and over, idles rough sometimes, engine light for timing off and too rich, what kinda head could I get that would slightly boost hp? Not looking to go turbo nor do I plan to hit 250 hp but maybe like 155-160 or more, looking to get a refurbished head and gasket along with maybe headers, if I can keep it quiet still and gain hp, any opinions or suggestions will help as this is my first time purchasing engine parts online, looking to do this on a bit of a budget

How much skill do you have with installing bearings and valves? The cheapest way would be this bare head and you install everything yourself. Could do the valves, rockers, etc. of your choice. http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mitsubishi,1998,eclipse,2.0l+l4,1316573,engine,cylinder+head,5304
But I would search for a broke down car on craigslist or a junk yard and just grab the head off of it. Even cheaper.
Wow thanks, that is the cheapest yet! I'm good with building motors, I'm just not sure if I want to turbo it or not, thanks very much for the suggestion I'm going to order there cheapest price for most quality yet

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back