The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Auto DSM wins Import Face-Off Las Vegas 5/5/2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you using the AEM to shift the trans? What are you using to activate the spray? Your car runs really well and you've definitely got the staging/launch down perfectly. I'm still struggling getting on the converter and not pulling through the brakes or bogging.

They could have gave you a better looking girl don't you think? I mean 1st place, maybe its just me and my standards.

Hey congrats on the win! are you spraying? either way nice.

They could have gave you a better looking girl don't you think? I mean 1st place, maybe its just me and my standards.

Hey congrats on the win! are you spraying? either way nice.

Nitrous to spool and sprayed down the track in the semi finals and finals.
3100lb race weight
Super sleeper exhaust :) Can you hear my car?

Haha about the girl, they should have had a picture with your car too.

Congratulations on all the wins!! What exhaust muffler are you running? Or what are the dimensions of it? Would you happen to have a pic of it? I really like the sound of it. Its very quiet.

Thanks.

I just went to the local exhaust shop near my office and asked for a 3" truck muffler. It measures 24"x10"x4.5" and looks like it belongs on a '74 Trans Am.

Nice job! Great, solid built car you got there. I think the red civic you went up against is a guy I know named "Driver B" if it was, it's awesome to see him go down to a DSM. :D

Did I hear of him in some video floating around? Said Driver B on the window.

Congratulations. Will you be attending any more events anytime soon?

Yes, I am taking the car to IFO in Oregon and Washington later this month. Trying to with the IFO points race. I have a good chance to win in the West :rocks:

Are you using the AEM to shift the trans? What are you using to activate the spray? Your car runs really well and you've definitely got the staging/launch down perfectly. I'm still struggling getting on the converter and not pulling through the brakes or bogging.

My reaction times when it mattered: .186 .111 .222 .058 .371inthefinalsdidnotwanttoredlight :)

I use switches that are hardwired to the trans solenoids. I activate the spray on a button and lift it when shifting.

Try running about 15 degrees of timing to get up on the converter. Careful not to burn up your fluid! My trans temps only got up to 190F by the end of the pass.

Awesome build bro!!! I have the same converter and bc 288's and haven't started the car yet since I've changed almost everything, you made me psyched to get it started here within the next week or so!!!

Congrats on the win!!!!

Thanks! The tune has a lot to do with it, so if it doesnt stall up right away, use Kiggly's site as a guide.

Last edited:
Congrats Kevin! lots of work put in this car to get where you at!! :) Well deserve, see you in vegas

Did you or Brandon put this motor together?? I'm still running the motor I bought from you guys a few years ago! I think it's Tyrone's old motor. The short block had already been in a 35R car and I think you freshened up the head. Thanks so much!!

What size shot? sprayed before or after the turbo?

I've ran as much as a "75 shot". It's a 30 nitrous pill and I think 26 fuel pill (E-85 fuel). I pick up about 7mph with the spray.

It's a Shark nozzle tapped about 3" before the throttle body.

Last edited:
I've ran as much as a "75 shot". It's a 30 nitrous pill and I think 26 fuel pill (E-85 fuel). I pick up about 7mph with the spray.

It's a Shark nozzle tapped about 3" before the throttle body.[/QUOTE]
Congrats on the points lead man, your auto is kicking ass out there. Is the sax boosted and sprayed with a 30 nitrous pill man ?! :p jk man...cool national anthem on sax, awesome car !

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back