The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Approximate Cost for a Paint Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieraywolf

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
Devine, Texas
Yeah, so, this eclipse I have needs a new kit and paint job, badly.

:beatentodeath:(Previous Owner)

The fender and side skirts are all torn up, and the paint is faded all over. However, I'm very money conscious and I'm looking for the best cheap body kit, and I've found the perfect one for me, (Vader front and rear bumbers with kombat side skirts, if you don't like it, suck my d**k) With installation, (I'm considering just doing it myself, but I'm not sure I could do it without f-ing something up) I'm lookin at about $650, so says the shop, or about 500 if I do it myself.

Of course, it wouldn't do to just drive around with an unpainted body kit, so I would like to have the whole thing repainted at the same time. (Personally, I like the Grey/Cobalt Blue fade scheme of my own minds creation, possibly with grey ghost flames and silver highlights, depending on how much my boss pays me. Again, if you don't like my taste, vas ch***arte!:beatentodeath:<-- Me and you this time)

Well, as you can see, money is a problem, and I'm having trouble getting a good price or estimate from a shop, so I was wondering if anyone did something similar to this, (Two paint tones, maybe with a two colored decal, if you're gonna be technical to me) how much did it cost you, or what kinda prices are people telling you and not me.

well if your not looking to spend alot of money. you really have two options.

get a macco paint job. which i slike $350 for a decent paitn job. but your only gona get a basic color. nothing custom or special.. option two..paint it your self. theres a post below about the $50 paint job. It seems to have great outcomes and is very cheap.

if you want something with ghost flames and highlights you probably looking at $1500 east if not more...

well if your not looking to spend alot of money. you really have two options.

get a macco paint job. which i slike $350 for a decent paitn job. but your only gona get a basic color. nothing custom or special.. option two..paint it your self. theres a post below about the $50 paint job. It seems to have great outcomes and is very cheap.

if you want something with ghost flames and highlights you probably looking at $1500 east if not more...

Macco is a f en rip off man. Back in they day they wanted to charge me 2g for spraying some paint with out doing body work or anything:notgood:
I am like WTF go f ## slfs man.:beatentodeath:

really!!! i thought they had that " special" for like $299 or something like that. ive heard they suck becuase they dont sand 1st, dont clear right and overspray like a mo-fo..

I personally wouldnt go to them. but some people i've talked to like them..

I'm paying 850 bucks for a paint job that will cost 3000+.

You could pay 50 bucks, to a cheap $300 one, to a paint job like what I'm doing myself using The Alsa Corp paint. You gotta decide weather you want to do it yourself, if you have the touch for it, or paying for someone else to do it. A Regular paint, shouldn't be costly, a high end paint, very costly. The types of materials used will also increase the cost, also the type of prep or body work needed.

Your best answer would come from calling around and getting quotes.

I could give your a vague estimate for anywhere from 1000 to 1500 for a basic repaint which doesn't include dent and ding removal. Now seeing that your going to do some body work, the cost could either go up or down. If you do it right, somewhere around a 1000, maybe 900 if you mask everything, around 650 if you buy paint and all supplies. If the body work doesn't turn out the greatest expect to pay at least 1500, because now they have to spend time at 80.00 + an hour prepping the car anyway.

Call some other body shops, collision centers and see what they would charge you, 1) just for installation 2) installation and body work 3) bodywork and paint.

If money is really tight, hold off on the body kit, and new paint. Call around and search for replacement parts that are the same color from junk yards, scrap yards, craigslist, do a mileage search on ebay etc.

Just a thought here, but in the future, word things better and don't tell people to f-off when their there to help.

I'm paying 850 bucks for a paint job that will cost 3000+.

You could pay 50 bucks, to a cheap $300 one, to a paint job like what I'm doing myself using The Alsa Corp paint. You gotta decide weather you want to do it yourself, if you have the touch for it, or paying for someone else to do it. A Regular paint, shouldn't be costly, a high end paint, very costly. The types of materials used will also increase the cost, also the type of prep or body work needed.

Its not so much the paint that makes the job expensive, its the quality that goes into it. You can use expensive paint and still have a horrible job and cheap paint that looks great for awhile. Painting anything is all about prep. work, patience, and detail. Thats the difference between a 6000 paint job and a 1000 paint job, looking good from 5 inches away vs 10 feet away.

Just a thought here, but in the future, word things better and don't tell people to f-off when their there to help.

That little bit was for anyone who wanted to come at me and call me a cheap ricer, and such, not all you helpful people. My bad if you thought was for you, but I couldn't help it.

Honestly, I can't help but find this beautiful little thing hilarious. -->:beatentodeath:
I love it!

Post some pics of the car. Im kind of sad right now. I need a good laugh.

Uhm, didn't I just say that? Cost applies to cost of materials, prep work done, body work done..... I just said that.

You did, I just added my 2 cents to it.
It's confusing to read the first time, at least to myself it was. The price of the paint will not make the job itself look any better. I just didn't want someone to think that they will get a better result by just buying paint that costs more.

Im just messing with you man. I understood what you were trying to say, just had to tke a shot at you.

You did, I just added my 2 cents to it.
It's confusing to read the first time, at least to myself it was. The price of the paint will not make the job itself look any better. I just didn't want someone to think that they will get a better result by just buying paint that costs more.

Did I once say that, or mention anything that would reflect towards that? :nono: This post is about cost of paint jobs. YES, the cost of the paint itself DOES matter on the price of the entire job. I never said it will make the paint job better. I just said that if they use more expensive materials, the cost will go up, weather the cost of one gallon of paint is 2 bucks more then the last place, it will be 2 bucks more total. End of story.

The reason my paint job is costing what it does, is because I'm doing it myself. The cost of the materials is that much. If a pro shop did it, it would cost the heavy price. Bla bla bla.

A Regular paint, shouldn't be costly, a high end paint, very costly.
:toobad:

I knew you meant a paint job, but someone just coming along not reading the entire thread could have misinterpreted that as paint itself.

I'm not trying to argue with you about the price of paint, or your information, or that your doing it yourself. Just wanted to make something more clear.

When your done painting your car, post your pics in the post your paint thread. It's also a great thread to look into if you can't decide on what color or tone you would like to see your dsm in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back